8

Taehyung was right about the nurse.

She was shit hot. Her dark brown hair was pulled into a messy bun that sat on the top of her head, and her eyes were even darker with black rimmed glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose. Taehyung was practically dribbling over her and when she looked up she smiled, and Taehyung grabbed hold of me.

"I brought an injured person!" He said loudly.

She chuckled "I can see that Mr Kim. Why am I not surprised to see you here?"

"I came back for you"

"Uh-huh" She said and turned to me "Take a seat my love. Tell me what happened?"

"Mr Kang threw her to the floor and then-"

"I wasn't talking to you Mr Kim" She said, and he sent her a box grin "You must be Mis...Chae?"

"Yeah" I said. and Taehyung helped me lower into the seat. I grimaced at the blood that had spread through my white top. Of all days I chose to wear white, I end up ruining it. That was why I never wore white.

"Did Mr Kang do this to you?" She said, lifting my shirt up to examine the cut "Mr Kim, if you can back up"

"Oh!" He said "Sorry. I'm just looking out for HQ"

"Miss Chae" The nurse said, looking up at me "How did you get this cut?"

I chewed my lip "I got into a fight before I got sent here"

"I see" She said, and lowered my top "You can go back to class now Mr Kim"

"Ah man" Taehyung pouted and rested his chin on the top of my head "I want to spend it with you-I mean my friend"

The nurse sighed "Please Taehyung. I can't examine her with you here"

Taehyung groaned, and I was surprised he didn't stomp his foot "Alright! HQ, I'll save you a seat for lunch if you aren't back by then. If you need me then you can come running"

I nodded, and Taehyung shuffled from the room. The nurse got to her feet and walked around the room grabbing things to sort my cut out. She led me behind a curtain and asked me to take my top off. I saw her press her lips tightly as she saw the state of me, but she didn't say anything as she cleaned me up.

"Ow" I said, as she pressed a bandage across the cut. She quickly taped it up and she looked for a clean top for me "Thanks"

"Miss Chae" She said, sitting on the bed next to me "Who gave you that cut?"

"I told you, I got into a fight"

"Yes. I know" She sighed "You can trust me. I'm not like the other teachers here. I actually care for the students here"

"I got into a fight a few days ago"

"I see" She said, "Shall I inform your parents of this?"

I scoffed "Like they would care. I'm just a foster kid"

"Does social services know that they beat you?"

My heart dropped into my stomach and I jumped to my feet, becoming defensive "They don't beat me. I told you, I got into a fight before-"

"That cut on your side isn't a few days old. Miss Chae, that cut is fresh which means it was done...probably the morning you were sent here" She said, looking at me with a lifted eyebrow and she folded her arms "Was it your foster parents or was it just some fight you got into?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat "Thanks for patching me up, nurse"

"Harley" She said, putting her hands on my cheeks "You need to trust me. Ok? I'm here to help you. I'm not here to judge. Here take this and no one will stop you if you go back to your room. You need to rest"

"That's what they all say" I said "And no one will care if another foster kid is in trouble. Again. Thanks nurse"

She sighed "Well, you know where I am if you do want to talk. I'm a life coach, so I hope that you are assigned to me. I believe I can help you. In fact, I know I can help you"

"Whatever" I said walking away from her.

"Harley" She called "Please, call me by Poppy. I'd rather that than nurse"

I closed the door and walked away, trying not to wince in pain. I forgot how much reopening a cut hurt. Especially one that was done with a...I rubbed my jaw, remembering the last punch Joon gave me. It was more painful than the others but why would a punch from him be soft? He was an asshole. Just like his fucking wife.

I just wished Jaeho was around. He was the only one I could talk to and if I told him his parents were beating me, he'd believe me. He would save me from them...I knew he would. I could only trust Jaeho because he was the only one who made that house feel like a home...until his parents started beating me.

I was stopped by every guard or teacher as I headed back to the dorms. I stripped down to just my top and crawled under the covers, burying my face into my pillow.

Murderer.

Tears filled my eyes and I curled up as much as I could without opening my cut again. I squeezed my eyes shut as I cried silently, remembering the face of my brother. The only one I ever loved but he was taken from me and it was my fault.

It was my fault that he died.

My fault my older brother died. My fault he was taken away from the world.

Mr Kang was right.

I was a murderer and I did nothing to help him. I could have saved him, but I didn't. I stood and watched him die in front of me.

My silent cries became louder and I was sobbing to myself, not caring if anyone heard me. My eyes stung. My chest was tight, and I was shaking from the sobs crawling from my chest. I didn't notice that my bedroom door had opened and only realised that someone was in the room when my bed dipped behind me, and arms wrapped around me, holding me tight against them.

I didn't know who it was, but their smell calmed me. It must have been one of my friends because when I peeked, their arms were tattooed. I gripped onto their shirt as I cried, and they stroked the back of my head not saying a word.

It had been years since I had cried like this and even though it was painful, it felt good to let it out. It was also exhausting, and I could feel my eyelids getting droopy. I let my exhaustion take over and I drifted to sleep, still in the arms of one of my friends.

Something cold was put on my forehead and I opened my eye slightly, to see Hana walking over to her bed. She laid down playing on her phone and she looked over at me again.

"Ah, did I wake you?" She said, "I just thought you needed to cool down. You were red hot when I came back"

I pulled the wet flannel from my head and sat up "What time is it?"

"Almost dinner" She said with a small smile "Are you hungry?"

"Starved" I muttered "Thanks for this"

"No problem" She said "Harley, did you want to talk about it?"

I shook my head "Not really. No...but thanks"

"Don't thank me" She said, "Thank Hoseok. He was the one to hold you until you fell asleep"

A/N: DUM DUM DUUUUUM

All the names you gave were really good, but I think Poppy stood out a little more. However, don't fret, I may use the names for the other girls in the story.

Thank you for responding though my lovely bros and hoes

Thank you for the name @with-a-pinch-of-suga

:D