32

It had been a week since Hyungwon snaked his way back into my life, and I still hadn't said a word to my friends to why I sat with them most breaks. I didn't want them to get hurt and Hyungwon and his friends were more than capable of putting them in a hospital or the morgue. I barely spoke a word to anyone, not even Hana could get a long sentence from me.

I was sitting in the circle for our life coach lessons, just playing with the bracelet I wore not listening to anything anyone was saying. I could feel Hoebag watching me and I knew that my friends were glancing at me every now and then. But I knew if I looked at them I'd feel even more guilt and I didn't want to feel that anymore.

"Harley"

I looked up at Poppy who was smiling at me "What?"

"Did you want to share with us?"

"Not really" I muttered and carried on playing with my bracelet.

"Tell us why you were sent here"

I sighed "Everyone knows that, and this isn't a fucking counselling meeting. I don't have to share anything"

"True, but I don't know why you are here"

"Why not?"

"Because I don't make it a habit of reading my students folders" She said "Harley, you should know that by now"

"Fine" I said, "I got sent here because I got arrested too many times. I got into a big fight and I didn't get away quick enough. I'm also here because if I wasn't, my foster parents would do anything they could to get me sent down. But right now, I'd rather be sent down than be in this fucking school"

"Why?"

"None of your fucking business" I said getting to my feet and walked out the room. It took a lot of effort for me not to slam the door and I found my way to the forest where Taehyung and his friends took me to calm me down.

I sat down heavy on the fallen tree and sighed.

"Why aren't you talking to us?"

I jumped to my feet and let out a shaky breath "You scared me"

Taehyung didn't say anything. His expression was hard, and it looked like he wasn't ready for any bullshit that came from my mouth. Jimin and Jungkook walked past him and sat down, glaring at me.

"I don't like being lied to Harley" Taehyung said "So don't bullshit us"

I gulped and sat back down "You'll get hurt"

"Don't care" Jimin said "We're supposed to be friends, Harley. It's been a week since you have spoken to us. We know it has to do with those boys"

"Are you scared of Hyungwon?" Jungkook asked.

"Not really" I said quietly "Just scared of what he will do to you and me"

"Start talking" Taehyung said and sat next to me "Because if you don't, I will put laxatives in your drink and watch you shit out your organs"

I smiled slightly "Please don't"

"Then talk!"

"Hyungwon is a dick and he has something that will put me into juvie" I said, "He doesn't like his property talking to other boys and he-"

"Wait" Jungkook said "You think you're his property?"

"Let me finish" I said "Hyungwon said that if I associate myself with you, he will hurt you and when he says that, it isn't a good thing. The last boy that tried to chat me up ended up in hospital"

"And that's a bad thing?" Jimin frowned "It wouldn't be the first time we'd be put in hospital"

"That boy is still in a coma" I muttered "Hyungwon got away with it. He had a fucking good lawyer and from the amount of broken bones that boy had, it looked like her got hit by a car after running from the fight"

"Holy shit. Maybe that is bad"

"What does he have on you though?" Taehyung asked.

I chewed my lip "He can frame me for killing my brother"

"Did you kill him?"

"No, but it was my fault he died"

Taehyung sighed and put his arm around my shoulders "What happened?"

I looked down at the floor "Our parents were drunks. They were neglecting us and when they were home, they beat us up. My brother was 4 years older than me. I was 10 when I was put into foster care and my brother couldn't take it anymore"

"He killed himself?" Jungkook asked quietly.

I nodded "Yeah and I watched him do it. I didn't stop him, and I didn't stop him from jumping from the stairs. I stood there, and I watched him"

Before I knew it, I was crying, and Taehyung hugged me tighter. I held onto him as I cried into his chest and I felt the other two hug me as well. It had been a while since I had cried like this, and it felt good. Even though I was crying over the brother I could have saved.

I could still remember his blood on my body as I cried holding him. I still remember how the life drained from his eyes as he hung from the stairs, and how he smiled when I finally screamed out for him. They way the body hit the stairs when I cut him down, and the pain that ripped through my body as I screamed as loud as I could. He didn't know that we were being taken away a few days later. My brother could have had a better life, but he couldn't take it anymore.

When he died, that was when I gave up on everything. I didn't want to live without him, but I couldn't bring myself to do anything to kill myself. I was too scared, and I wanted to show him that I could be strong. Then I met Hyungwon and Zico. They were once good friends, but Hyungwon started to look a bit crazy and wanted to do more illegal things than Zico could handle. I was so caught up in feeling loved that I didn't see how bad he was.

Zico made me want to live. He made me feel loved after I found that Hyungwon was just using me to get into fights. Zico was family to me and so were my other friends. They had always been there for me and I missed them. I used to see them all the time but now being locked up in this school meant I hardly spoke to them. They were the only ones to know the truth about my brother and always told me that it wasn't my fault.

I hadn't told anyone about my brother, but telling these boys made my shoulders feel lighter. I was scared that they would blame me for his death, but I knew it wasn't my fault. No matter how guilty I felt for not helping him, it was his choice to take his own life.

"Harley" Taehyung whispered "Your brother would be upset knowing that you stopped talking to your friends over some guy"

I nodded and wiped my eyes "I know"

"But he would also be pissed off knowing that we are only getting revenge on Kang" Taehyung smiled softly at me, wiping my stray tears with his thumbs "Hyungwon is going to pay as well"

"He's only skinny" Jimin said "I'm sure we can snap him like a twig"

Taehyung nodded "For now, let's just let HQ be around him. If he thinks that we aren't talking, it will make it easier for us to get him back. HQ talk to Hana because she is upset you aren't talking. Hana can be our messenger, so we know what is happening. Deal?"