53

Heejun sat opposite me, watching me and not saying anything. Kang on the other hand, was bad mouthing me.

"I'm telling you officer" He said "She did it. She was the one to kill that boy. They have history and this piece of shit is a killer. Just look at her. She is still covered in blood and it's evident that she was trying to wash the blood off before-"

"Can you get her a hot drink Mr Kang?" Heejun said, still not taking his eyes away from me "You can see the poor girl is shivering"

"But-"

"Now Mr Kang" Heejun said firmly and Kang glared at me, before walking from his office. Heejun sat back in his chair and folded his arms "You have looked better Harley"

"I've felt better too" I said quietly, and sniffed "What do you want?"

"I want to know the truth" He said "I'm here to find the truth and by no means am I here to intimidate you or hold the innocent accountable for that murder"

I scoffed "Yeah. Right. You're just like all the other cops, Heejun"

Heejun shrugged slightly "If that is what you wish to believe, then fair enough. Just answer the questions and I want them to be the truth"

"Whatever" I muttered, pulling Hoebag's jacket further around me "Can I have a tissue?"

"Sure" Heejun said "But I will go better and tell Kang to get you a towel. I don't know why he didn't do that in the first place"

"Because Kang doesn't care about anyone but himself" I snapped "If Kang is going to give me a towel, it will probably have razor blades sewn into the seams"

"I see" Heejun said "Tell me more about Kang"

"I'm not here to talk about that bastard" I said, wiping my nose on the back of my hand "Can I have that tissue or not?"

Heejun slid a pack of tissues over to me and I blew my nose, before throwing the tissue over my shoulder. I saw him smile slightly.

"You knew Hyungwon" He said "What was your relationship?"

"There was no relationship" I muttered "Hyungwon was crazy and liked to beat people up, girls included"

"I remember arresting the both of you before" Heejun said "I won't ever forget his smile when I told him that boy he beat up was in intensive care"

"And I will never forget his face as he...forget it" I said, leaning back in my chair. I couldn't help but hold Hoebag's jacket closer to me. I never knew that his aftershave would bring me such comfort but I think I needed something to keep me sane.

"Harley" Heejun said as the door opened, and Kang came in and almost slammed a cup of tea in front of me "Mr Kang. Thank you and now you can get the school nurse. Harley has obviously been attacked and she needs to see the nurse. And whilst you are at it, I want you to bring her a warm towel and some clean clothes to change into"

"I'll get someone to do it"

"No" Heejun smiled "I want you to do it. I still don't understand how such an upstanding headteacher can let a student sit here soaking wet and covered in blood. Did you want to explain that to me, Mr Kang?"

Kang almost shook under Heejun's glare and he turned to look at me "I will get Hana to bring you clothes. I will get the nurse"

"Thank you. You may leave" Heejun said waving Kang off. If looks could kill, I'd be as dead as Hyungwon "Now, let's just cut to the chase"

"Amuse me"

"We know that your foster brother killed Hyungwon, but he won't tell us why" He said "He even gave us the knife he used to kill him. Hyungwon's friends haven't said a word, in fact they told my men they saw nothing and the only one who is going to tell me the truth is you"

I didn't say anything as he walked around the desk to sit beside me.

"Harley, I know we may not have had the best of relationships, but you can trust me" He said "I have never given you any reason to-"

"You arrested me" I said, "You are the reason to why I'm here"

"Maybe so, but I'm the reason you aren't at home with your foster parents" He said putting his hand on mine "You may think I'm stupid, but I know what they have done to you"

My eyes went wide "Then why didn't you do anything!"

"I was told not to" He said, "Harley, there was a reason to why it was only me putting you in cuffs. I wanted to build up as much evidence I had to put those people behind bars but you never asked for help. You never told me what they did to you. you kept your mouth shut and you carried on-"

"Even if I told you, it wouldn't have stopped me being sent here. It wouldn't have stopped Jaeho killing  Hyungwon" I said "You just don't get it. Do you? No one wants to help kids like me. So why should I trust you?"

Heejun sighed "Harley, I had a great mentor. He was amazing and he wanted to help kids like you. He taught me so well and I wanted to carry on his legacy because I know that kids like you need all the help you can get"

I scoffed "Then you're an idiot. No one can help kids like us"

"I don't believe that" He smiled and squeezed my hand "Harley, why did Jaeho kill Hyungwon?"

The door opened and Poppy ran over to me "Harley! Are you ok?"

"I'm fine and I want to go back to my room" I said going to stand up but she put her hands on my shoulders "Let me go"

Poppy smiled gently at me "Now is the time to be honest. You have Heejun on your side"

"What the fuck is going on?" I yelled "Why are you-"

"I told you that I would do anything to bring Mr Kang down" Poppy said "But that isn't important. You can trust Heejun. You trust me and I am telling you that he is trustworthy"

I glared at them both and I gritted my teeth, sitting back down.

"Now, can you tell me what happened before Jaeho murdered Hyungwon?" Heejun said.

A/N: whaaaaaaat? A double update? whaaaaaaaaat?

If it doesn't seem interesting, my mind is else where right now but writing is my only escape.

Don't forget to comment throughout and vote.

Stay weird hoes <3