72

I stood outside the house with my hood up, hands in pockets and biting my bottom lip. I had lost track of time and wasn't sure how long I had been standing outside it for, but when Taehyung nudged me, I knew it was long enough.

"Are you ok?" He asked, pulling keys out his pocket.

"I don't know," I said, "I just...to be honest, I don't know how I'm feeling right now. I just feel meh"

Taehyung nodded "Yeah, well I don't blame you. Two days ago you were told you had a lawyer and now,  you are standing outside your new home. I wouldn't know how to feel either"

I sighed "Taehyung, are you sure you and your family want me? I'm not the best person to live with and-"

"HQ, why would we not want you to live with us?"

"Because we used to fuck?"

Taehyung laughed "Yeah, well there's nothing we can do about that. That was before my mum wanted to adopt you and I don't think it's weird. Do you?"

"Are you sure your mum and sister don't mind it? Because I don't want to tread on anyone's toes and I can always find someplace else to live"

"Do you want me to drag you in?" Taehyung frowned "Stop being such an idiot and help me carry your bags inside. Mum isn't home but I want to surprise her"

"She doesn't know I'm coming?" I asked lifting my bag.

"No, she doesn't know we are coming home. I begged Poppy not to tell her that we were allowed to go home," Taehyung said unlocking his front door, "So get that butt inside and I'll show you to your room"

Later that night, Taehyung and I were sitting in the garden smoking. We were sitting quietly, just looking at the stars. My stomach was rumbling but I didn't want to ask him for food. I felt out of place as it is and I didn't want to overstep my mark.

"Do you wanna know how Jimin and I met?" Taehyung asked, "I don't think we told you"

I looked over at him blow out some smoke "Is it interesting?"

"Obviously," Taehyung scoffed, "We went to the same school since we were like 4 but we hated each other. We always tried to compete and get to the top of the class. We even had a fist fight to take home the classes mascot"

"As a 4-year-old?" I laughed.

"I know but his older brother got involved and made us talk to each other. He was much older than us," Taehyung said, "After we talked, we became best friends. Did everything together"

"I bet you two were cute kids"

"I'm still cute but I'm not sure about him"

"Jimin is cute,"

"I'm cuter," Taehyung smiled "Then when we went to secondary school, we started hanging around with the wrong crowds. Thought we were cool because we got into fights and smoked. My dad almost killed me when he found that out because he tried his hardest to keep teenagers safe and on the right path" He sighed "I always felt like I disappointed him"

I pushed him gently and he looked over at me, with tears in his eyes "I don't think he was ever disappointed in you. I never met him but from what your mum was telling me, he loved you and didn't want you to get into more trouble than necessary"

"Maybe," He sighed and looked back up at the sky "You know the last thing I said to my dad?"

I shook my head and I saw a few tears run down the side of his face.

"I hate you," He whispered, "What I do has nothing to do with you, so go fuck yourself. I then stormed out of the house to go hang out with my friends. I felt like shit, so I came home early but there were ambulances and police everywhere. My heart stopped and I ran into the house to find him being covered up with a blanket"

My eyes burnt but I held back my tears.

"I wanted to tell him that I was sorry and that I didn't mean anything I had told him. I was just so angry because he was trying to control me. But looking back, he wasn't. He was just concerned for his son who had gone off the rails," Taehyung wiped his face free from tears "I didn't get to tell him that I loved him"

"Do you want me to fucking cry again?" I said hitting his arm "Stop, will you? Your dad probably knew that you were angry and you didn't mean anything you said. Your dad loved you ok and you had a great relationship with him despite being a little shit"

Taehyung laughed gently "Yeah...I just wanted to tell him that to his face. Not carrying his coffin through the church"

"Ok, if you carry on talking about this, I will beat you up"

Taehyung nodded "Got ya. Well, this conversation didn't go the way I had wanted it. I was telling you about Jimin"

"You became good friends. End of," I said, "If you carry on talking about-"

"Lina, bring the bags in for me!" 

Taehyung grinned at me and grabbed my hand dragging me into the kitchen. Yoojung turned the light on and screamed at seeing us, but she soon burst into tears and ran over to us pulling us into a hug.

"My babies!" She cried, "When the hell did you get home?"

"Today mum," Taehyung said, hugging her tightly "I wanted to surprise you"

"Surprise me?" She exclaimed, "I almost had a heart attack when I saw you both"

"Sorry mum," Taehyung grinned sheepishly "Hey sis"

Lina's eyes went wide and she dropped her bags to run over to Taehyung. He caught her mid jump and they hugged each other tightly. Taehyung lowered her to the floor and ruffled her hair.

"Don't do that Flea," She said and turned to look at me. She smiled and hugged me as well "It's so good to see you"

Yoojung wiped her tears away and smiled at me, putting her hands on my shoulders. Lina went bag to hugging her brother and they both looked at me with a smile.

"Welcome home sweetheart"