Chapter Sixty-Seven: A Goodbye Banquet

Isla of Sussex

I smiled when my hairdresser finished pulling my hair into a bun before lowering the Spencer Tiara on top of my head. 

"You always look beautiful in my mothers crown," Harry said as he stepped into the room. I turned around and smiled as I stood up and a hand went to my belly. 

"Well, technically it's my crown until your Uncle takes it back," I said and he laughed before lowering the sash onto me. 

"When we go home you will relax for two days while I go to the University of Sussex and open the Business building," I said and Harry groaned. 

"I can't have a moment alone with my wife unless it's for an event." He said and I rolled my eyes as I grabbed his arm and le0d him out the door. 

"Take it up with your grandmother. We are the Duke and Duchess of Sussex we have duties to fulfill." I said as we got to the staircase where everyone was lining up. 

"I know. But I still don't like it." He said as we let go of each other and Carl offered me his arm. I gladly took his hand before I turned and saw Madeline holding onto Harry's arm. We made our way down the stairs and into the ballroom where the King and Queen were waiting. 

We all lined up and after Victoria and Daniel bowed I curtsy as low as I could and when I stood up Silvia hugged me close. 

Carl offered his hand again and we made our way to our table and stood to stand. 

"Many wonder why we are having this banquet. It is to say goodbye to these two people who have become so close to our nation. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex." The King said and the light turned to Harry and me. 

"These two have become like family to us and we are honored you have chosen our daughter Madeline as the godmother to your baby." The Queen said and I nodded. 

"To the Duke and Duchess of Sussex!" Everyone yelled and I raised my glass and pointed to Harry. When we both took a sip everyone cheered. 

"I haven't had the pleasure to dance with my wife," Harry said and I smiled as I took his hand and he led me onto the dance floor. When he spun me around I couldn't help but laugh. 

"What's so funny?" He asked as we moved across the dance floor. 

"We haven't danced like this since the wedding," I said and Harry nodded. 

"And I apologize for being away so long." He said but I shook my head. 

"You're here now. That's all I need." I said as he dipped me. When he brought me back up he gave me a peck on the lips. 

"I love you so much." 

"And I love you," I said before the song ended and everyone clapped for us. Harry took my hand and led me back to the table where Carl smiled. 

"So Harry, did you know your wife planned half of Madeline's wedding in one day?" Carl asked and I rolled my eyes. 

"Really what did she plan?" 

"The dress, tiara, chapel, who is in it, who will walk her down, and if people will wear crowns," Carl said and Harry smirked. 

"Why do you think we got married so fast? It took her two months to plan it." Harry said and I smiled before our first course was brought to us. I smiled at my waiter before we all began eating. 

"Christmas is in three weeks," Madeline said and I nodded. 

"Then three more months until we have our baby," I said and Harry smiled from his seat. 

"Hopefully a princess. To many princes already." Silvia said and I rolled my eyes before Sarah walked over to Harry and me. 

"Catherine is on the phone asking for you two." She said and I wiped my mouth and stood up. I took the phone out of her hands and led Harry to a servant hall. 

"Kate? What's wrong?" I asked as I put my phone on speaker. 

"I'm pregnant!" She said and I looked up at Harry and smiled. 

"I knew it. Last time we face timed you tenía la cara de una persona embarazada." (You had the face of a pregnant person.) 

"Congrats Kate. How far along are you? When are you due?" Harry asked. 

"I'm due in July. So about three months." Kate said and I could've sworn I saw her smiled. 

"Our babies will be three months apart." I said and Harry nodded. 

"I can't wait till you get home. We can go baby shopping." She said and I heard the door open and I saw Victoria wave us back in. 

"I can't wait either. We have to go back, Kate. They are about to noticed we left." I said 

"It's okay. See you when you get home." She said before I ended the call and handed it to Sarah who was waiting for us beside Victoria. 

"What couldn't wait until you guys got home?" Victoria said and I rolled my eyes. 

"Catherine's pregnant." I said and Victoria smiled. 

"A baby is a blessing." She said before she turned and walked back to the table. 

"What was that about?" Harry asked as he held the door open for Sarah and me. 

"Her and Daniel have been trying to conceive. No luck." I said and Harry nodded before we got back to our seat and I smiled when I saw the King and Queen spinning on the dance floor. 

"I really am going to miss this."