Chapter 97

Nini POV

As Ricky and I drive back to my house, I get a text from Ashlyn. "Ricky, apparently Carlos wants to get the group together tonight. We could study and stuff as a group but he thinks we need to get the gang together." Ricky laughs and shakes his head. "If Carlos could find a way to make us all live in one house he would. But I'll ask my dad if your moms say yes." He tells me and I laugh in response, immediately regretting it as I feel that unwanted sensation from my period. He sees my immediate wince. "That is, if you're good to go tonight?" Ricky adds, his voice unsure and his hand coming to rest on my thigh. "I think I'll be fine, the worst of it probably won't hit until tomorrow." I say, referring to my cramps. "But my moms probably won't let me stay past 8:30 anyway so two and a half hours won't be that bad." I say and Ricky nods. "Okay, text me what your moms say and I'll swing by to pick you up."

After much convincing, my moms finally let me go to Ashlyn's, making me of course promise I don't watch a lot of TV on a school night and that I finish all of my homework.

As promised, Ricky picks me up at 5:45 and we walk into Ashlyn's already-full house greeted with hugs and excitement. "MOM AND DAD!" Seb yells and we laugh at his nickname for us. "Thank god you're here because I was seriously struggling on chemistry. You two know about that." Ricky rolls his eyes but his smile is bright as he tugs me close to his body. "That's true" he mumbles into my ear and Carlos walks up to us, bringing his arm around Seb. "We don't need to see it lover boy." He tells Ricky and Ricky chuckles. "You're one to talk!" He gestures to Carlos' arm around Seb and their smiles grow apparently. "Hey Nini, can I talk to you?" Gina approaches the group and I smile. "Of course, what's up?" Her facial expression changes though and I realize she didn't want to talk to me with the three boys around her. I nod slightly and turn to Ricky. "Hey why don't you all go get set up in the living room. I'm gonna grab drinks with Gina." The boys nod and Ricky takes my backpack from my shoulder, walking into the living room with Seb and Carlos in tow.

Gina takes me to the back porch and I sit on the steps, confused. "What's up Gi?" I ask and she rubs her hands together, a nervous habit I know well by now. I grab one of her hands and I squeeze it gently so that she feels more comfortable. "How do you know when you're ready?" She finally speaks and I look at her confused. "For what?" I ask and she looks down. "Like when you're ready ready." She says and it clicks. "Oh...like for that?" I ask and she nods, looking worried. "Have you and EJ...?" She looks off into the distance and rubs the back of her neck. "His parents weren't home after school and we were chilling in his bedroom like we usually do, but we got into a heated... well and then he was on top of me and... I don't know." Gina says and I smile at her. "Did it feel right?" She thinks for a second. "It did, and then I realized he's two years older than me." I shrug. "Does that matter when you're kissing or making out? Does it matter when you guys are on dates?" She shakes her head and looks at the sky. "But he's probably experienced..." I shrug. "If it doesn't feel right then it's not right babe. Don't force yourself into anything. But if you're only worried about him being more experienced than you... well that's an easy to change." She raises her eyebrows and I swat at her arm. "Not like that you idiot." I say laughing and she giggles. "I hate to ask you this but did you-" I know where she's going and I shake my head instantly. "No, EJ and I never... no. Ricky was my first." I say and she nods. "I just wanted to ask in case you had any tips." I raise my eyebrows at her and she swats my arm. "Not like that." She says this time and we burst into another round of giggles. "Gina this is all up to you. Have you guys talked about it?" She shakes her head and looks like she's thinking. "He took his shirt off and when my mind caught up to everything I got really scared and he saw it. He got off me right away and it was a little awkward after. It was like our bodies were leading the way and then we kinda realized what we were doing." I nod as she talks. "That's normal, and as weird as that sounds, it's good because it means you're comfortable with him enough to let your guard down. But I think you need to talk about this with him." She sighs. "Did you talk about it with Ricky?" I nod and think back to the night. "If you don't talk, you could be on two different pages and never know it. Something this big has to be talked about between you two." She nods and smiles a little bit. "We definitely have to talk because we've barely spoken since we got here." My eyes widen. "Girl!" She winces. "We're not the best at communication." She says and I smile. "So if we do it..." I smile wider as she thinks about the hypothetical. "Like, what do I expect? Does it hurt?" I think back to my first night and I nod, wincing. "Trust me, it's not great. But you just take it slow and let yourself adjust." I say softly and she nods. "God, I love you Nini. Thank you." She says, pulling me into a hug and I hold her tightly. "Just promise me you'll talk to him." She nods and pulls back. "I promise, and I'll keep you updated." I laugh. "Just remember, use protection and spare me the details." We burst into giggles, getting up to rejoin the study group.

Ricky POV

"Dude why are you so uptight?" I ask, pushing EJ a little after he glared at me for calling him stupid. "Sorry, I'm a little distracted." I look at him, questioning why. "Is everything good with you and Gina?" He sighs and looks at the group, as if he's trying to make sure no one is paying attention. "Yeah, we made up but now there's a new problem." I raise my eyebrows. "Which is..." He sighs. "Look can we talk in the kitchen maybe?" I can already tell this is going to be interesting.