Chapter 158

Nini POV

Time passed too quickly as the trip to Colorado stretched on. We were already almost an entire full week in when Carlos comes bursting into the living room as the group peacefully rests, clapping his hands excitedly. "You guys will NEVER believe what my uncle just told me." EJ sits up, pulling Gina with him and I watch as Ricky rises to attention too. "What is it honey?" Seb asks from his seat on the couch and Carlos beams. "Our town just got a damn CARNIVAL and you bet your asses we're in town for it." Kourtney jumps up clapping, and I squeal, leaping across the room to jump up and down with Ashlyn. "Are you serious?" EJ says excitedly and Carlos grins. "Well that'd be a rude joke if I wasn't." Everyone jumps up together, flipping out in excitement and begging Carlos for details. "It opens tomorrow, but fireworks are on Wednesday and Saturday. Obviously we leave Saturday, so I say we just make Tuesday and Wednesday fair days." He shrugs and I grin. "Fireworks? This is going to be insane." I conclude and Ricky wraps me in his arms, laughing brightly. "I'm taking this girl on all the roller coasters." I back away from him and point my index finger to his face. "No you're not." His smile is so big it could light up the room and Kourtney claps. "I'll just say it's a bad hair day and accompany you on all those rides Bowen." Ricky grins and walks over to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "See Nins, Kourtney is sacrificing her beauty for a ride with me." I glare at Ricky and tap my foot in annoyance. "She didn't get thrown up on, and you KNOW I hate heights." Ricky smiles and makes his way back over to hold me playfully in his arms. "I'm hurt you'd bring that memory up again, but I'm sorry Nins, I'm still taking you on the rides." I roll my eyes, pretending to me annoyed but I feel the twinge of excitement in my chest. Even though it was still a couple days away, I could hardly wait. "So that's a yes? You guys want to go?" Everyone's eyes widen in shock and EJ laughs in disbelief. "Of fucking course." He says right as Big Red exclaims "DUH!" Carlos grins and nods. "And y'all thought skinny dipping would be the best part of this trip."

-------

This is short, I know, but my week has been BOOKED and this is all I could get out today. I have to say though, it worked out well because we're writing a nice set up for the long ass chapter that will be out tomorrow. :) ALSO, I must ask for those ideas you guys had ready for the summer chapters! I know so many of you wanted me to incorporate some of your suggestions so now's the time to speak up if you have them! ❤️