{Eleven}

CORBYN

"Hello, my name is doctor Ava Paige. I'm director operations of the world's kill zone department. If you're watching this. That means you've successfully completed the maze trials. I wish I could be there in person to congratulate you but circumstances seem to have prevented it. You must all be very confused, angry, frightened and I can only assure you, everything that's happened to you, everything we've done to you. It was all done for a reason" behind her. People were panicking and running around like something was wrong.

"You won't remember but the sun has scorched our world, billions of lives lost to fire, famine, suffering on global scale. The fallout was unimaginable. What came after was worse" pictures of dead bodies, wrecked buildings and burned buildings were shown on the screen.

"We call it the flare, a deadly virus that affects the brain. It is violent. Unpredictable" a recording of a man that had been infected by the virus was shown on the screen. The man was yelling in pain. His body was covered in purple, blue and red veins.

"Incurable or so we thought. In time a new generation emerged that could survive the virus. Suddenly there was a reason to hope for a cure. But finding it would not be easy. The young would have to be tested. Sacrificed inside the harsh environments where their brain activity could be studied. All in an effort to understand what makes them different. What makes you different"

"You may not realize it but you're very important, unfortunately your trials have only just begun and will no doubt soon discover that not everyone agrees without methods. Progress is slow, people are scared. It may be too late for us, for me but not for you"

People were firing guns and people were dying. Newt cuddled up to me and I put my arms around his waist. "The outside world awaits" she put a gun to her head. "Remember, WICKED is good" she pulled the trigger and Newt hid his head in my chest so he didnt look at it. I kissed his head. The recording ended.

There was a door that opened and we went to it. "Is it over?" Chuck asked. "She said we're important. What are we supposed to do now?" Newt asked. "I don't know" Thomas said.

"Let's get out of here" he said.

We were about to walk out when we heard someone say something from behind us. "No" I heard Gally. We turned around and I was still holding Newt. "Gally?" I asked. "Dont" Newt said looking at me. I tilted my head. "Hes been stung" he said. I looked at him and yep..  he was stung.

"You can't leave" Gally said.

"We did. Gally. We're out. We're free" Thomas said.

"Free? You think we're free out there?" He asked. "No. Theres no escape from this place" he aimed the gun at Newt. I growled at him. I put Newt behind me. He gripped my shirt.

"Gally listen to me. You're not thinking straight. You're not. We can help you, just put down the gun" Thomas said.

"I belong to the maze" Gally said.

"Just put down the gun" Thomas said.

"We all do" he said.

He pulled the trigger. "No!" We all yelled. Minho threw a spear at him and it went into his chest. Gally fell to the floor.

"Thomas..." I heard Chuck say. We looked and a blood stain appeared on his shirt. He collapsed to the floor. I felt tears go into my eyes as Thomas went to Chuck.

"No! This isnt supposed to happen!" Teresa yelled. "Shit, shit. Look at me. Look at me!" Thomas yelled. Newt cried in my shirt. Silent tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Its ok" Chuck said. He gave Thomas a small wooden figurine. "No. Remember how I told you you were going to give it to them yourself?" Thomas said.

"Take it. Thank you. Thank you" Chuck said. I fell to the floor and looked at Chuck while crying. "Chuck. Please dont leave me" I said. Chuck gave me a light smile. "Be careful out there" he said and then stopped doing everything. 'No. Hes dead!' I thought.

Newt helped me up and people took us away. We went into a helicopter. Thomas came in and Newt was on my lap. I cried in his back.

They started the helicopter and started going. We saw the maze and the Glade. Newt rubbed my arm. I put my head on his shoulder and felt more silent tears roll down my cheeks.

'Why did this have to happen?' I thought. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. I soon fell asleep.