{Twelve}

*few hours later*

CORBYN

I was woken up by someone shaking me. I heard a British accent so I knew it was Newt. I opened my eyes and saw him shaking me.

"We have to go!" He yelled.

I looked and saw that we landed and there was a big building in front of us. I grabbed the figurine that Chuck gave to me and Thomas.

We ran inside and the doors closed. I turned and Thomas looked upset. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"I left the figurine Chuck gave me on the plane and I cant get it back" he said. "Oh. This one" I said pulling it out. "Oh my goodness. Thank you Corbyn" he said. I gave it to him.

We saw a man come out. "You kids doing alright?" The man had short grey hair.

I held Newts hand as tight as I could.

"Sorry about all the fuss. We had ourselves a bit of a-"

"Who are you?" I asked cutting him off.

"I'm the reason you're all still alive. It's my intention to keep you that way. Now, come with me. We'll get you kids squared away" the man said. We followed him.

"You can call me Mr. Janson. I run this place, for us it's a sanctuary, a safe place from the horror of the outside world. You should all think of it as a way station. Kind of home between homes" he explained.

"You're taking us home?" Newt asked. I noticed a small cut on his cheek under his eye. And let me tell you.... he looked badass.

"A home of sorts, sadly there wouldnt be much left of wherever you came from but we do have a place for you. A refuge outside the scorch. Where wicked will never find you again. How does that sound?" He asked.

"Why are you helping us?" I asked.

"Let's just say the world out there is in a rather precarious situation and we're all hanging on by a very thing thread. The fact that you kids can survive the flare virus makes you a target. As no doubt by now you have noticed. Beyond this door lies the beginning of your new lives"

He scanned some card along the door and the door opened. It revealed a long white hallway.

"First things first. Let's do something about that smell" he said.

He took us to a room that had showers in it. I smiled and grabbed Newts hand. The man, Janson left the room. We all went into different showers.

I got ready and turned the knob to the hottest setting it could possibly be. I enjoyed my long hot shower until I heard sniffles coming from another shower.

It was the one next to mine. It was Newt. I turned my shower off and walked over and saw him crying. I went to him and put my arms around his waist and kissed his cheek.

He was shocked to see me but soon cuddled up to me. "Hey. What's wrong?" I asked rubbing his side. "Why did they all have to die. It's not fair" he told me.

"Hey. It's ok. It's going to be fine" I said kissing his head. "No it's not Corbyn. They would've loved it here. And now they are all dead"

"Alby died to save us. Chuck didnt deserve it. And Jeff died to save your life. They need to be here for what they did to help us" I sighed and kissed his forehead. "They are in a safe place now" I told him.

"I think Gally deserved to die though" I said. "Yeah" he said. "That bastard hurt us. He deserves this because he did these things to us. He hurt me. You. Thomas. And Teresa. He killed Chuck. He deserves to be in hell" I said.