{Fourty}

*next day*

CORBYN

I woke up to the feeling of myself on a hard floor. I looked around and saw that we were in our bedroom but we were sleeping on the floor. I got up and got ready. I kissed Newts temple. I walked downstairs and put my shoes on. I went to the store.

I got some black and grey paint. I got some vases and flowers for Newt. I paid for everything and got some breakfast for us. I went home. I walked in and immediately put everything on the floor. I heard Newt yelling for help.

I ran upstairs and saw him shaking. I ran over and put my hand on his arm. "Hey shh. Shh" I said rubbing his cheek softly.

He woke up and looked at me. "I saw another Griever. I was in the Glade alone and I saw one" he explained. "Shh shh. It's ok. It's ok. Theres no Grievers" I said. He sighed and cuddled up to me.

"I got some breakfast and then we can start working on the house. Ok" I said and then kissed his head.

"Ok" he said and sniffled. I lifted his head. "Shh. Hey its ok" I said wiping the tears away. "Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" He asked.

"I was getting some stuff for the house. I got breakfast and I walked into the house and heard you yelling" I said.

I pecked his lips. "I love you" I said and we kissed. I walked out of the room and he got ready. He came out and we walked downstairs. "So what did you get?" He asked.

I put the bags on the counter. "Well I got some vases" I told him. "For the flowers that we get" I added. I took the vases out of the bags. "Um. I got just stuff for the backyard the decorations we put on the walls. And these" I gave him the flowers.

He smiled while grabbing them. "Thanks babe" we kissed. He put them on the island and took a vase. He cut the ends of the flower stems off.

I put water in the vase and walked over. He put the flowers in the vase and I put the vase in the middle of the island. I pecked his lips.

"We have to wait for those stinking walls to get here. I dont even know.....how I'm going to put those up" I said. "Just hammer it" he said. "Hammer it into the ground" I said. We laughed.

"Just like. I'm hammering it and then it breaks the wall. And I'm just like. Oh no. That was not a good idea" He started laughing more. It was adorable. He soon stopped laughing and I kissed his cheek.

"That was adorable" I said. He blushed and looked away. I kissed his temple. "Hey love. It's alright" I said. He looked at me and smiled. "Wanna go work on that room upstairs and then when they get here. We can work on the backyard and stuff" "Sure" I said.

I pecked his lips and grabbed the paint. I went upstairs. "Oh my god these are so heavy!" I yelled. "You're strong! You got this!" He yelled from the bottom of the stairs. I walked into the room and got the thing out for the paint.

I put the paint in it. I grabbed the paint brush and started mixing it. I grabbed the tape once I was finished mixing it. I got the tape in the spots that I wanted.

I started painting the top line with black paint. And I let that dry which took about 45 minutes. Then I painted the bottom line grey. It looked like bacon. The design. The way it was shaped.

It looked like bacon but it had different colors. I cleaned the paint up and went downstairs. I washed my hands.

"How does it look?" He asked. "You can go look. Just dont touch the paint. It might still be wet" I said. "Ok" "damn it this paint wont come off" I said. He laughed.