4.Award

"shumai i-im scared." kokichi gripped onto shuichi's hand as the two walked towards the dentist.

"it's alright, 'kichi. i promise i wont let your hand go okay?" shuichi smiled at him which caused kokichi to blush but nod his head.

ever since he was little, he had a fear of doctors and never shook it off.

the scary tools, masks and the way they talk is all too weird for the purplette to be ok with.

as these thoughts reeled through his head, they had already reached the counter to get their appointment.

"h-h-hello...how m-may i help y-you?" a purple haired dentist spoke and shuichi spoke up.

"we're here to get my boyfriends cavity out, is that okay?"

"oh! c-c-certainly, right this way!" and just as she left the counter, the nurse tripped over herself and fell in a highly...odd position.

kokichi snorted and shuichi pulled his ear in response making the shorter whine.

"a-are you ok??" he reached his hand out and helped her up.

"y-y-yes.. i-i'm sorry!" she bowed and took the two back to a room with a bunch of other patients getting cavities out, wisdom teeth pulled and those weird gold teeth put in.

the sight made kokichi cringe and look away which shuichi noticed.

"hey 'kichi, would you want an award if you can get this cavity pulled?" the tall man spoke to him in a soft voice and kokichi nodded.

"yes!! fifty bottles of panta?"

all kokichi got was a 'really?' face and pouted.

"no, not that much sugar for you. how about..all the attention in the world for a week?"

"that works too~" the small boy laughed and then winced at the cavity in his mouth.

"s-s-sit here a-and i'll be w-with you in a m-m-minute." the purple haired lady made kokichi ly down on a weird chair with a long bib on.

to be honest, he felt utterly embarrassed. but all that attention would be worth it.

"o-okay, this'll b-b-be quick so cl-close your e-eyes if you're s-s-scared of needles.."

needles..?

shuichi felt his hand shaking and rubbed his white knuckles with his thumb making ouma calm down.

closing his eyes, he felt his whole mouth become numb.

~time skip~

"okay! y-you're all d-d-done!" she congratulated him with a smile and gave ouma a sugar free lollipop, which he didn't mind since he couldn't taste shit.

"thank you so much...uhm.."

"oh! i apologize! i havent g-g-given you my n-name all this t-time! i'm mikan tsumiki, but c-call me d-dr.mikan.."

"thank you, dr.mikan, we'll see you again sometime!" shuichi waved to the doctor as the two boys left the dentist.

once the two finally got home, kokichi was quiet due to having a sore mouth, but would beg for cuddles at any given moment.

and just like shuichi promised, he got all the attention in the world.

looking at the boy in his arms, sleeping and nuzzled into his chest. saihara bent down and kissed the small boys forehead.

"i hope you enjoy your reward, koki."

(A/N: posting this one early as in apology)