78.Autumn (1/5) 🦃

OH YEAH MR.KRABS
pretty sure i sprained my left hand (which is my dominant hand) but ehhrh i'mma just try and write slower

the two lazed in bed, ignoring the shinning lines of light flowing through the closed blinds beside them letting them know day had officially come. but to them, it meant no matter for the fluffy warm sheets were enough to lull them back to sleep anyway.

an hour later after their mid-day nap, shuichi had woken up with a very clingy kokichi around him. he sighed and picked up his phone, not surprisingly getting light blown in his face from the lock screen. prying an eye open he got that it was at least 9:30, not being able to stare at the bright screen any longer; he attempted to shake kokichi awake.

"kokichi."

a whine.

"kokichi..."

another whine and a pillow thrown to his face.

"hhmm!!" shuichi gasped and threw the pillow off his face to see his boyfriends eyes still tightly shut. he should've known kokichi would be too stubborn to get up this morning, especially a week into thanksgiving break. he was about to give up and wait another 10 minutes until he saw the quivering smile on the latter's face and scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"i know you're awake kokichi, c'mon we have to get up." shuichi wriggled out of kokichi's grasp and fell on the floor. when that still didn't work in waking him up, shuichi quickly pulled all the covers off of kokichi making him hiss.

"whhyyyy~ stay in bed with me..." the sleepy man crawled around the bed, too lazy to open his eyes and ended up falling face first on the ground. what a wake up call.

"nope. we can do that tomorrow, i'm tired too but we have stuff to get ready for." shuichi scolded him already putting on his clothes. "here." he then threw a warm set of fluffy clothing kokichi's way. the other doing his best to use the warmth to mimic the feel of those blankets.

"you can go back to sleep if you think you can get ready in 10. sleep in the car babe." the taller kissed kokichi's head and walked out the door fully dressed.

kokichi whined and dragged himself out the room after putting his clothes on himself.

since it took him a good 8 minutes to fully wake himself up, the smell of eggs and bacon filling his nose made his mouth water. shuichi knew how to cook really well on quick days.

"hungry, huh?" a calm and giggly voice snapped him out of his trance as he nodded, sitting down at their antique table.

"n-nah, i can go days without food! even if it's right in front of me!" he snickered as if he wasn't eyeing the food the whole time he was speaking.

"sure, we'll see in a minute." shuichi pat kokichi's head and finished up the meal. buttermilk pancakes with syrup and steaming butter that seemed to be melting in the middle. the bacon looked perfectly brown, cooked and crunchy. yet the grease coating it made the food that much more alluring. not to mention the eggs—

kokichi finished before he even knew he started.

"so you weren't hungry?"

he could practically feel the smile burning into him. wiping off the food from his mouth, he rolled his eyes and sputtered. "noope~ not at all! but, that doesn't mean i can't handle more.." kokichi played with his thumbs.

"i supposed not." shuichi replied, filling up his plate with a heavenly breakfast once more.

once the two finished eating, they left to leave the house. since of course they were about to have a thanksgiving party in a few days. but because the blinds were closed much too far shut when they woke up, they didn't see outside the window. where leaves from maroon, red, orange, yellow and brown fell onto the less than green ground of their front yard.

"LEAVES!!!" kokichi yelled far too excited, flopping onto a pile of crunchy leaves. sighing and the satisfying cracking noises.

"yes, leaves. i know you like em but we gotta go." shuichi scurried over to his boyfriend, picking him up while silently apologizing to his staring neighbors.

"but shuichiiii~" kokichi whined as he was buckled into their van.

"no buts, now lets go." was the only response he got before they set off to get ingredients for the party.

note: my hand hurts even more—