58.Tree/Shade

"i promise, i saw it just around the corner! pretty please!"

"f-fine just..hurry up i have a meeting at 3 ouma..."

"will do~"

kokichi had claimed to have seen some weird trees that pulled a '5 inches apart cuz they're not gay' stunt, which of course mad him want to show it off to shuichi like a child did a drawing to their parent.

"see! look i told you!" kokichi yelled and dragged shuichi over to a lighter part of the forest where the tress were spread a yard or two away from each other.

"i still don't see what you're trying to show me—" his words cut off into a small gasp when he looked up to where the shorter was.

'is this what he meant?' shuichi thought and began laughing to himself causing kokichi to huff and puff his cheeks out.

"what? what's so funny?"

"ouma, i don't think you know, but this is called crown shyness." shuichi explained but kokichi just tilted his head like a dog.

"it's most likely to happen if the trees are the same kind. and it seems that's just the case." he continued, letting his fingers trace the rough bark.

"woah! they're sorta like you shumai!" kokichi giggled and latched onto shuichi's arm.

"h-huh, how?"

"well, despite me being right here. you're still soooo shy~ shushu shyhara!" ouma laughed and nuzzled into his chest making shuichi flare up.

"maybe y-you're right..." shuichi wrapped his arms around the shorter as they ended up leaning on one of the trees, slowly falling asleep.

in the end, shuichi saihara did not get to his meeting.