20.Ghost

(mentions of su*cide!, ab*se and death)
child au
they're both like 8-9 ig

"so...how did you die?" kokichi asked the ghost.

the two boys sat on the swings in the midnight. usually most kids their age would be very conscious and scared. but when you're swinging next to a ghost, there really isn't anything worse.

"i-i don't know if i can say.." the ghost responded in almost a whisper.

"it's okay if you don't want to! but i've been so curious!" the purple haired child smiled as he swung his swing higher.

"c-careful!" the ghost cried as he watched the other swing a bit higher over the brim of the swing.

"nehehee! calm down! i'll be fi...iiine!" kokichi's sentence was cut short buy doing a whole flip on the swing.

"auh!!" shuichi panicked and stopped the swing, making kokichi do a flip and face plant into the wood chips cushioning the playground.

there was silence for a minute until shuichi said something.

"u-uh.. are you o—"

"that was amazing!" kokichi popped up with a black eye like it didn't even happen.

"oh my gob!" the ghost panicked and ran in circles at what he blamed himself for.

"calm downn, it'll swell down in. a week?" kokichi smiled and hopped back on the swings.

"sure.." shuichi sighed and tried to calm down.

the sun was beginning to rise, meaning shuichi had to go soon.

"say shu-muu..you never did tell me how you died." kokichi softly turned his head to the ghost.

"well..." shuichi started.

~ flashback baby ~
"shuichi. what did i tell you about not writing your name on your exams? look, now you got a 99. go ask your teacher for a redo tomorrow." his mom scolded him and he bowed.

"y-yes mother.."

"shuichi, go buy me some cigs from the drug store.." his dad said to him sternly.

"uhm, t-the cashier wouldn't let me b-buy the—"

"god dammit! you fucking mistake! why cant you do anything right! just— ugnn..go to your room." his dad groaned, picking up a beer bottle.

shuichi nodded and scurried to his room.

the small boy balled up in his bed and cried. where did this go wrong? why did it go wrong?

he had had enough of this. opening his porch window, he sat himself on a stool and looked into the sunset.

shuichi was about to fall asleep, until he saw some skeleton in a black robe fly near him. with some scythe.

being a curious and confused child, he stood on the stool and peaked more over the edge. tipping the stool farther..farther..fa-

crack!

"-oh my god!!"

~ flashback done ~

"well?" kokichi finished his sentence as he was dying with anticipation.

"i don't think it matters for now.." the ghost said, before floating into the sky.

"see you tomorrow night..kichi."
shuichi waved and kokichi waved back.

"see ya shu-muu!" kokichi winked and giggled at the small ghost, walking back home.