44.Bullet

(tw: obvi gun warning, will mention su*cide and panic attacks along with blood)

you may be asking me, "ouma, why are you bringing a gun into a mental ward?" and my answer? piss off..

i took it from one of the security guards without them noticing. really, they suck at their job.

hmm? "why aren't i in the killing game?" it's because i made some guacamole in the library.

just kidding.

it was some sort of vr, once i woke up the doctors treated it like some sort of sick joke!

that's why i'm punching my clock, or some other heather reference.

"welcome back, rantaro, kaito, ouma." the security guard welcomes us as we walk back into what i like to call prison.

i look up to see kaito and rantaro talking about something. i can't lip read very well, so the lack of sound coming to my ears and foggy vision makes it look like a fever dream.

"......ma.."

huh?

"o....um..a!"

wait, did they notice me staring? shit...

"ouma!!"

i flinch and blink, realizing i had been staring way longer than i wanted.

"dude, are you ok?" kaito asked me, extending a hand. i swatted his hand away and laughed.

"are you an idiot?" i smirked and he looked enraged, ready to punch me or something.

kinky..

"calm down, kaito..." rantaro sighed and waved me a goodbye as they kept talking together. sorta seemed to be flirting.

that's the least of my worries right now, focus ouma.

it was 10 minutes till lunch, and from then i had already made sure enough that nobody would be in the bathroom until then.

skidding through the halls i made my way into a stall and pulled the gun out of my butt pocket.

"this is it.." i whimpered to myself and put the gun to my head.

"no more pain, no more suffering.

no more me."

right as i was about to end it a knock on the stall tripped me up.

"damnit!" i hissed and put the gun away.

"you seem to be very edgy about having to pee, is it ok if you hurry up? all the other toilets are out of order.." the voice seemed to be quiet but still quite panicked.

is it..

"ohhh hi shumai!~" i cooed and saw him back up from the door.

"ee! don't talk through the bathroom..! f-finish up first.." he stuttered.

great, what do i do now?

my prolonged crush is right outside the dood im going to commit suicide in.

you know what.

i put the gun up to my head and cocked it, the noise alerting shuichi.

"o-ouma?! KOKICHI??"

i heard frantic banging from the other side of the door. it hurt my heart to see him like this, nut i need to finish this off.

"i'm sorry."

i pulled the trigger, and felt a raging pain in my left temple as my sight turned black.

shuichi's pov

the second i saw kokichi's body drop to the floor, i was positive my heart stopped for second.

questions raced through my mind and i crawled under the slide in the stall to ouma's limp body.

where did he get a gun?

why didn't i stop him?

why did he do this?

was it because of me?

it was because of me wasn't it?

despite the calls of my name being screamed at me as nurses and others came, knocking the stall door down.

my breathing sped up and my head became more light headed by the second. sobbing, i put my head on his and silently cried.

..i'm joining you, ouma. you aren't alone. and you never will be again.