57.Light

first off this did not deserve 22 on oumasai but ✨𝓣𝓗𝓐𝓑𝓚 𝓨𝓞𝓤✨

never thought i'd make it that high but i appreciate my work didn't get overlooked lmao

one more thing idk how these festivals work so i apologize if any of it's offensive

ok enough talking mbmb

"could you please hurry up shuichi? i love you being prepared and all but were gonna miss the festival!"

to fill you in on the context, it had been 5 whole years since they escaped the killing game with only maki, himiko, kaito, kokichi and shuichi remaining. they all promised to meet up at the festival this new year, but kokichi kept claiming he's only going for the funnel cakes.

"i-i know, i know..i'm just..uh, getting some stuff ready." lie.

kokichi proceeded to latch his tiny arms around his fiancé's waist. "don't lie to me shuichi~" he cooed and used the puppy dog eyes.

those god damned puppy dog eyes.

"anxiety?" kokichi answered the question for him and the other nodded.

"well it's alright! and who cares if they don't support our marrige? i'll just call dice and send a thousand members after each of them for revenge!" ouma said in an attempt to cheer the other up, which seemed to work.

"you can but, without the killing." shuichi laughed and picked kokichi up on his back.

"yaaaay!!!" ouma smiled as he was given a piggy back ride to the car.

once the two were finally there, it was already nearing midnight, and there were a multitude of food stands and people over flowing the lines.

"ouma god shumai look!" which means a lot of distractions for kokichi.

"s-slow down!!" and a lot of running for shuichi.

kokichi had ran all the way to the other side of the yard because of a face painting stand that said it used magic.

"can i get a tiger?"

"nyeh..sure, what color?"

the two overheard the customer and owner talking with a voice all too familiar.

"himiko?"
"donkey lips?"

"ow!" kokichi rubbed the back of his head from where shuichi bonked him, as his fiancé smiled brightly at the 'mage'.

"it's nice to finally see you again himiko..." shuichi sighed at the fact they managed to find each other.

"yeah, it is, did you find anyone else?" she asked while staying focused on finishing the painting.

"w-well..not yet, but we did wanna tell you—"

"we're getting married!"

himiko's brush seemed to make a jagged line across the persons face, but they didn't notice. so to cover it up she just sort of kept on painting..

"nyeh! you should've told me sooner! as a gift, i'll give you a free face painting!" she smiled and finished off the tiger look.

"with magic?"

"u-uhm sure.."

the customer seemed to never notice the mistake, making it so kokichi had to hold in his laughter, of course buying a few awkward stares along the way.

"nyeeeh, what do you want?"

"a bottle of panta!" ouma responded.

"i don't know how to do panta kokichi!" she yelled and pointed at the sign showing all the different options she had.