14.Sunrise

this is actually a small oumaki brotp so skip this if you want

"hmm..hnn.." kokichi had been outside the academy for a while, playing his stupid ukulele in the sunrise.

he felt like some sort of hippie, but despite this it was one of the things that calmed him down the most.

all that happened in a few hours were highly overwhelming.

the killing game was never real, everyones alive. and he wasn't supposed to live.

that was the worst thing, he was supposed to die. twice? he didn't really know what to think.

he couldn't really, the doctors gave him medication that made him too tired to think properly, so he'd been loopy for the past few hours.

"do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do.." kokichi whispered to himself.

"do-mi-so-do..?" maki asked him.

Kokichi wasn't really surprised to see her there, they became good friends ever since they woke up.

she sat down next to him.

"isn't it pretty?" kokichi told her not looking up from his slightly red fingers after plucking so long.

"that's exceedingly simple." she deadpanned and kokichi just laughed.

"do-mi-so-ti...." she said, listening to the notes he played.

"s' just making music." he said and started playing a small melody.

"and whats the point?" maki huffed while putting her hands behind her head.

"you aren't making anything.." she trailed off as she watched kokichi twirl around while playing the ukelele.

"if it isn't anything, than why does it sound so..good?" he asked her and plucked a string more boldly than the rest.

"do-mi-so-do.." she ignored his question and kept naming some notes.

"do-mi-so-ti." her eyes followed him as he plopped back onto the bench.

"you know your stuff eh kiki?" he giggled and she glared at kokichi.

"don't call me that." she didn't really care.

"nishishi~!" he laughed and ran back inside, off to do who know's what.

they say the sunrise knows all that happens during the day, and when nighttime comes around, finally rests.

even some myths need a break.

"godammit, get back here kokichi.." she growled and sprinted after him.