75.Rescue

imma try writing this one different so don't be surprised if it doesn't make much sense

angel!kokichi x demon!shuichi let's mix it up bitch

when someone mentions the word angel, they think of a savior. a flawless person that knows right from wrong. someone everyone wants to be, or a name you call your little girl or boy.

when someone mentions the word demon, they think of a bad person. doing bad things for their own benefit. kill just to kill and live to just to exist and destroy, or something you would call someone who eats cereal with water. but thats a whole 'nother subject.

these two boys...do not fit these descriptions in the slightest.

now, when someone mentions the word outcast. they think of someone who doesn't belong, they don't fit in. they just weren't meant to be.

and that's what they are.

our little angel is a bringer of mischief and chaos, bringing destruction wherever he goes. not exactly trusting in the slightest, for he lies even about the most trivial things. causing casual conversation to be a difficultly. or in other words what people think when they mention kokichi ouma.

our big bad demon had never been able to stand up for himself unless intensely provoked, making him prone to bullying by the higher ups. violence is against his morals aswell. a good explications for the bruises covered all over his poor body. in other words what people think when they mention shuichi saihara.

between heaven and hell there's a neutral sort of land. there are wars, statuses and stereotypes..but no angels or demons. you could call it a freedom not every supernatural creature can access.

these two boys want to meet here, but alas rescue is inevitable in the world of heaven and hell.

they first met when the angel dropped a fake not of distress, it falling pass the middle ground and into hell. the demon of course mistook the message and sent one back. that being how their friendship started.

they spoke and spoke. talked about how much they wanted to escape their own kind of "hell". an outcast heaven, that finally the only one like them wasn't themselves.

as time went on, they began talking more. one could not lie that without a doubt some sort of feeling had bloomed. not that ouma had thought constant butterflies in his stomach were bad anyway.

ignoring their feelings, they continued to speak. until the daring angel told shuichi about a plan to escape to the "human realm" shuichi didn't like the plan at all, for it all depended on how fast shuichi could stop his fall. since heaven is on the top side of earth, and you know the rest.

despite his beloveds pleas, the angel carried out their plan. that was ripping off their wings and appendages to be considered human and meet in the middle. the hard part was shuichi had to catch him.

right. before. he fell.

the former demons anxiety didn't help either. sweaty hands were never good for wanting to catch a person you've never even seen too.

what if he failed? than he'd just be here alone. forever.

when people mention the word alone, they thing of a cold and dark place. a touch starved creature crying and begging out for someone to finally extend a warm hand for them to feed off of and grow.

shuichi doesn't want to be alone.

so ignoring his bones and muscles screaming to go into a mode of fight or flight, he does his best to catch the bleeding angel out the sky. not questioning how he survived the hot atmosphere of the planet.

when he's sure he had caught him. he muttered their first actual words since talking on paper.

"did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"