48.Goodbye

SORRY FRO NOT UPLOADING YESTERDAYCHSJD
guess i gotta double upload today

i've lost my cool
i'm not sure how to act
not even sure how i can keep my pride intact..

   "hey shui, when we both graduate highschool, will you finally join my secret organization?" the small child asked shuichi as they sat on the ground picking at wood chips.

"u-uh.. i'll try, it does sound fun." shuichi stuttered while kokichi just laughed.

"heck yeah it is! we go on big trips every day! we even get to color paint on the walls—owie~.." ouma whined when shuichi bonked him on the head with a stick.

well, i don't know if this is it
but can't you see
no, i'm not falling for you

"no potty words! what did your mommy say about this.." shuichi huffed at him.

"i don't need to listen to my mommy all the time, you should try it too!" kokichi said before he pulled shuichi off the ground and into an alley.

"k-kichi' no!!! these places are dangerous!" shuichi tried to pull him back, but got into a small tug a war with the other.

"i know right! it's so much fun! don't be a booty pooper!"

"language.."

so, please have mercy on me
'cause it's not romantic, i swear
i'm not gasping for air
i want you to be here!

"hmp, fine! i'll come with you.." shuichi sighed and followed kokichi into the alley.

"yaaay!" the other jumped up and down before shuichi finished.

"o-only if i get to sleep in your bed tonight..." shuichi blushed and pushed his small little fingers together.

"awww, does shui have a crush on me..~ shui's so cute! let's go!"

once they were completely in the alley, kokichi took out two bottle spray cans and a flash light.

"w-what are those for?" shuichi asked as the other turned the flashlight on and set it on the ground.

'cause even though i'm pretty sure my head's exploding
i'm not ready for hand-holding
it's not love, i swear..

kokichi didn't respond for a second, shaking the cans hard.

"crimez!!" ouma shouted and gave shuichi a can.

"C-CRIMES???"

"shhhh!" kokichi giggled and shushed his friend. he than began painting a bunch of cubes with black and red dots.

"what are those?" shuichi asked out of curiosity and his heart tingled when he heard kokichi laugh again.

"obviously my secret organization logo! no organization can live without one!" the purple haired child stood proudly with his head up.

it might be closer to despair
no, i don't want you to teach me how to dance,
get your heart away from me
you'll put me into a trance

shuichi giggled before slapping a hand over his mouth.

"oooh, shui totally likes me!" kokichi hugged shuichi from behind.

"d-do not!"

"do too!"

"do not!"

"do not!"

"do too— wait!!"

kokichi then dropped shuichi from his hug and began laughing on the floor.

the two stood up, and began spray painting cans till their hearts content..

~ time skip ~

"shuichi! oh darling we were so worried about you!!" shuichi's mother picked him up and swung him around.

"i'm sorry m-mommy..i was playing with kokichi.." shuichi blushed while mentioning his name.

"aww, that's adorable..you don't happen to...like him do you?" his mom smiled at him and shuichi dug his face into his shirt.

and even though i think about you day and night,
i'm not sure if this whole love thing
sounds. quite. right.

"n-n-nonono not like that i promi—"

shuichi was cut off by a kiss on his forehead.

"that's okay sweety, i'll love you either way...go get some sleep now, you have a long day of school tomorrow.." his mom put him down and ushered him upstairs.

"o-okay mommy! good night!" and then the bedroom lights turned off.

"you know they're gonna have to go to different school eventually.." shuichi's dad told her mom in which she nodded.

"i know, but i believe that somehow, they'll end up right back together."

~ time skip ~

'cause it's not romantic,i swear
i'm not gasping for air
i want you to be here
but please don't come near..

"s-shui..i know i'm never honest or anything but..will you be my boyfriend?" kokichi blushed and took out a box of chocolates for shuichi.

shuichi wanted to faint, this was so embarrassing. but he pulled it together and kissed kokichi on the cheek. lighting up his already red cheeks.

"d-does that give you an answer.." shuichi stuttered, waiting for the rejection.

instead he got thrown to the ground in a hug.

"i love you soo much shui! thank you!" kokichi smiled and nuzzled into shuichi's cheek.

"i-i love you too..."

'cause even though i'm pretty sure my head's exploding
i'm not ready for hand-holding
it's not love, i swear
it might be closer to despair

~ last time skip ~

it had been a few years since kokichi saw his "kindergarten boyfriend". the refrence made him snort at how the relation fit, but overall really wanted to remember his name.

'and he was really cute. good taste small me.'

kokichi was about to lie his head down again for 1 of a hundred more classes, before the teacher announced something.

"you may come in now." ms.chisa stepped to the side to see a guy with pale, golden eyes and a navy blue outfit.

"h-hi, nice to meet you all. i'm the ultimate detective.."

'cause even though i'm pretty sure my head's exploding
i'm not ready for hand-holding
it's not love, i swear
it might be
closer
to despair....