93.Bang

(tw: makeshift guns and fluff)
childhood au where shuichi is like 9 and kokichi is 8

it's hard living in this kind of world, keeping your eyes peeled even when you sleep. trusting no one and not even yourself, not knowing what could appear in the smallest crack and corner of the dark. you have enemies you don't even know are out for you. and friends you don't know will betray you. which is why it's my job to make sure everyone in this town is safe.

"hey partner." saihara sat down on a stool in the town bar, greeting his old friend.

"hey again, milk in a glass cup again?" he bartender answered, already knowing the answer.

"always will be."

silence filled the room, the only sound being saihara gulping down his cup in one go.

"you know, you really should take a break sheriff." the bartender spoke.

"i'm afraid i can't do that sir. this town needs a savin', and there's no one else to do so." saihara refused, but felt bad for the guilty look in his eyes.

"i suppose you're right. stay safe out there trooper." the bartender bat his back and went in the back to tend fo the shops needs.

maybe he should take a break, saihara thought. this place needs me..but who'll take my place?

right when saihara was going to get up, a series of bangs and screams resonated from outside the shop.

"hands in the air!" the most famous robber in the west busted through the doors.

"gasp!" saihara stumbled out his seat and pullet out his gun.

"hey, didn't i say put your hands in the air! nobody disobeys the phantom thief!" the robber boasted.

"never, i'll never bend to the will of a criminal!"

the two shot at each other with precise percussion, getting near headshots and one hits.

"argh, stay still!" saihara groaned and started chasing after the phantom thief.

"now why would i do that mx beloved friend?"

"gasp...could it be?" the sheriff shakily pointed his gun down.

"yes, the phantom thief you've been chasing the whole time is me! you're only friend kokichi ouma!" kokichi pulled his mask down.

"n-no! all the time we spent together! was it a lie?" saihara bit his lip to hide his tears.

"it was never a lie, my beloved sheriff. but our time together must end, for our lives are too different to live in piece. goodbye brother." kokichi raised his gun to saihara and closed his eyes.

"bang."

saihara immediately fell limp on the grass, only to spring back up in panic. "ahhh!! ahhh!! ants!"

"neeheehee~ sai-chan is so clumsy!" he teased yet helped him wipe the ants off anyway.

"boys, where'd the milk go?!" saihara's mom yelled from their house.

"uh oh.." they both said at the same time. dropping their gun shaped poptarts on the ground and running in the house. the town could wait to be saved tomorrow.