91.Church

I saw this and immediately thought "fireforcefireforce" so here we are

this was it, hopefully shuichi wouldn't screw this up like how he did with the other hundreds of jobs he had. all he had to do was open these doors and he could truly call himself a—

"get back!!" a voice screamed as people scattered at the sound of an explosion and fire spreading down the street.

"hey there kid, i know i may look super duper cool doing this but you're going to have to leave." the person seemed to have had the same work outfit as him.

"what? but you're literally almost a foot shorter than me—" shuichi was yet again cut off by another explosion on debris.

"oop! gotta get back or else i'm cleaning the bathrooms this week, see ya!" he winked and ran back off to the source of the flames.

why was he just standing here? it's literally his first day on the job and all he can do is watch his new friends fight from a distance.

before shuichi zoned back in he was hit- more or less fiercely scratched in the face and knocked to the ground.

"hnnng..wrngggg.." the combusted monster kept swinging it's sharp claws around, it's skinny body making it easy to move faster.

"oh damn, hey there..shuichi?! nice to have you on the team bro!" another man came up and looked at his name tag, completely ignoring the fact there was a flaming monster behind him.

"dumbass do you wanna get yourself killed?" a brunette hissed from the sidelines, she seemed to be wearing high stockings and dress like clothing.

"you wouldn't care if i got killed though would you?" the shorter grumbled and sterilized the creature.

"no not really."

shuichi sat up and covered the wound on his arm he didn't even notice until right now, and opened his mouth to finally greet the three.

"oh stop with that! what'd i tell you about treating all the people here equally." a blonde haired girl spoke as she rode down in a witch costume.

"can you spit out the prayer before i die first?!!" the shortest cried and "maki-roll" rolled her eyes and began chanting a prayer.

slowly, the monster withered away at the sound of the prayer instead of exploding into fire like most shuichi had seen. not having any time he speak he just decided to stay quiet.

once they finished, the purple haired man fell back first on the ground.

"sorry this was our first impression, if it makes it up to you i'm kaede akamatsu! and behind me is maki harukawa, kaito momota and kokichi ouma!" the witch propped her hand out in which shuichi took it.

"hey! hey! don't introduce me by yourself! he'll get the wrong impression! kokichi ouma, you're at my service!" kokichi got up quickly and wrapped shuichi in a hug.

"isn't it the other way around?" shuichi asked and felt another hand on his shoulder.

"just ignore him, he's like that all the time so you'll get used to it." kaito gave him a thumbs up.

"are you all serious? he's still wounded. shoo so we can get him inside." maki waved the two boys off and began putting pressure on his wound.

"hnng, maki-roll is no fun! but i feel like shuichi-chan is gonna have a nice time with us! isn't that right?" kokichi cocked his head with a smile towards the new worker who just wanted to break down.

"there, i'll change the bandages later. let's get inside before monokuma gets anymore pissed." she got off him and headed towards the doors.

well, uhm— as shuichi was saying. the moment he steps through these doors is when his "journey" begins. hopefully it isn't as much of a nightmare as he just witnessed.

it definitely is.