47.Attic

"so you..you live in the attic?"

kokichi had decided to show his favorite detective around his mansion, and finally told him they were making it to his room.

shuichi didn't judge that kokichi lived in the attic, it just seemed like such a waste..15 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms, two pools and a man cave and he decides to live in an attic?

"yep yep! isn't it amaaazing?~" kokichi twirled around and landed on the bed with a flop making shuichi bitterly laugh a bit.

"u-uh sure—" he started bug was cut off by crying.

"d-does shuichi not believe me?? he s-sounds so..meAAN WHAAHAAHAAHAAAA!" and the tears flew like an endless stream making shuichi jump.

"u-uhm no i promise, it's j-just you have so many other rooms to stay in and you chose the attic?"

kokichi blinked and then smiled at the detective making mentally beat himself up in his head.

"nishishi~ doon't worry shumai..i get why you would think that. but i'll show you exactly why i chose this place! look, the suns setting c'mon!" kokichi pulled shuichi's sleeve like a little child making him smile.

the second kokichi pulled shuichi over to the window, the sight couldn't have been called beautiful. no.. it was so much more.

"you likey?" kokichi poked shuichi in the cheek when he froze for a second

"y-yeah....is this what you see every night?" the taller asked and he shrugged.

"nah, the view is different every night, but each one is just as pretty. that's sort of crazy isn't it.." kokichi said on more of a statement than a question.

"yeah.."

the two sat in silence, soaking in the view before shuichi felt a weight on his shoulder.

"don't..leave when i f..all asleep.." the purplette told him before drifting off to sleep.

shuichi looked at the window and back at the sleeing boy atleast 5 times before internally freaking out.

"ohmygodihaveasleepingpersononmyshoulderwhatdoidowhatdoi—" shuichi panicked before taking one last look at him.

kokichi's face was peaceful, no exaggerated emotion, no tears. just pale rosy cheeks under the moon light.

shuichi sighed and put his thoughts aside. 'i-i'll talk to him about it tomorrow, for now..'

slowly, shuichi let himself be consumed by the same layer of sleep.