16.Roof

(s*icide attempt warning + s*lf harm scars!)

this is it..i can finally say goodbye to all these horrible murders and trials, people shouldn't expect so much in me.

slowly walking towards the edge of the roof, i begin to think about why i'm even here in the first place.

"you're alone, ouma. and you always will be.." nonononono! i take it back! i'm so sorry kokichi!

i had said it all before i could stop myself, and i knew i hurt him because tears were pricking the corners of his eyes.

the purple haired boy rain away before shuichi could tell him he didn't mean it, and kept himself cooped up in his room after that.

i've been ignoring the harsh knocks of kaito and maki on my door too, they're probably dissapointed in me. i would be too.

enough stalling. i roll up my sleeves and stare at the scars on my wrists. old to new and new to old.

i would call myself weak if i wasn't about to fall to my death right now.

closing my eyes, i let my body fall foward.

falling.

falling..

fa—

...
....
what?

i look up and what do i see? a pale hand on the collar of my shirt, doing his best to hold me up.

"kokichi.." i whisper, barely heard.

"shuichi?! what the fuck?!!" he screams and pulls me up with one final tug, reversing the positions to where i'm pinning him down on the roof tiles.

"i-i.." i couldn't get the words out, i just burried my head in kokichi's shoulder and cried.

after what i can assume was half an hour, my crying died down to incoherent sobs and sniffles as i tried not to look kokichi in the eye.

"i'm so sorry, i-i promise i-"

"it's alright..but that may just be a lie." kokichi cut me off and did something i didn't expect.

pulled me down and kissed me.

we held it for a few minutes before pulling away for air.

kokichi's arms wrapped around shuichi's neck and the taller put his arms around kokichi's waist.

"hey shuichi, don't think this means we aren't gonna talk about this." i was confused until i saw him pointed at my scars.

ah..

".." i didn't say anything and just looked away.

kokichi giggled dryly at me. "it's alright, i won't as YET. but i will..for now, please..don't leave me, shuichi." kokichi said as his voice broke a bit in the end.

"promise me shuichi." kokichi held onto shuichi's wrists making the other wince.

"i promise....." shuichi mumbled and kokichi hopped on shuichi's back and smiled.

"good. now don't do anything like that ever again. let's go..." he murmured, falling asleep on my back.

i sighed, trying not to think about what happened a while ago.

"ok.."