Fandom Games

-.-Edited-.-

"Archers to your mark," you announced, standing on a platform with a microphone in hand. Several arches adjusted their stances. Among them was Legolas of the Lord of the Rings fandom, Hawk Eye of the Marvel fandom, Merida of the Disney/ Pixar fandom, and Katniss of the Hunger Games fandom. "This is the final round of outdoor target archery."

Though, unlike ordinary competitions, the targets were magical. They moved in random patterns across the course at varying distances. Points would be distributed based on accuracy, distance, and how many targets hit in the given amount of time.

"When you hear the whistle blow, you may start firing," you told the archers. "Any arrows loosened before and you will be disqualified. When you hear two whistles or the command 'fast,' you must immediately stop firing. Return any unshot arrow to your quiver. Fail to stop firing will lead to disqualification-- your points will be useless. Do not distract any other archers and do not collect your arrows while others are shooting."

You let your words fade away from the echoing stadium, filled with cheering fans and cameramen. "Archers, ready-- set--"

You brought the whistle to your lips and let out a sharp note. Arrows began flying across the stadium, followed by the satisfying sounds of targets hit. You watched as bows were drawn taut and loosened with remarkable speed.

Fans were either roaring or holding their breath anxiously. The timer was ticking down. You brought the whistle to your lips again and let out two tweets.

"Fast!" the coaches shouted. All eyes turned to the screen to watch the points tally.

"The Magic Duels are not quite over yet-- though representatives have been eliminated, such as Hazel from the Percy Jackson fandom and Morgana from the Merlin fandom, there are a beloved few who still stand! Up next are Harry Potter and Loki, Gandalf and Merlin, Hermoine and Elsa."

The competitors were locked in difficult battles with each other. As the strong rose to the top, it would only get harder. Harry looked exhausted as Loki duplicated himself. It seemed as if all of his spells were being sent through the god's body, instead of hitting him. Loki raised his scepter and fired at the boy, who yelped a hasty counter-curse. Their spells met in a burst of golden light, filling the arena with splendor.

But that was not the only thing lit with gold: Merlin's eyes were glowing with magic. His hand was outstretched as he approached Gandalf.

"You shall not pass!" Gandalf yelled, sweat beaded across his brow.

Elsa and Hermoine were having even more difficulty. Sparks flew from the tip of the witch's wand as Elsa had her pinned with her icicles, face contorted with an effort not to hurt her opponent. They seemed to match each other's power.

"Swordfighters take your stances!" Aragorn gripped his sword, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. One his eyes opened, they were lit with a determined fire. He was facing Jack Sparrow, who made it as far as he did by sheer luck and some drunken feats of brilliance. Luke Skywalker-- who swapped his lightsaber for a steel sword-- was against Percy Jackson. Aragorn beat Jack with little difficulty. He waited for the other duel to finish to see who he would have to fight for first.

The award ceremonies were now upon you. Each medalist was beaming with pride.

"The points are tallied for archery! In third, we have Merida! Hawk-Eye is in second place! Legolas of the Lord of the Rings fandom takes the gold!" The crowd cheered and clapped. The elven prince ducked his head so that his medal could be placed around his neck.

"For Magic Duels, the bronze goes to Gandalf! Loki takes silver and Merlin takes gold!" More cheers from the crowd. "Sword fighting! Luke Skywalker in third! Percy Jackson in second! Aragorn in first!" The LOTR fandom roared, they had taken the lead of medalists.

"Now just a recap of other gold medalists... Sherlock won for brain games, the Doctor won for the 1600m race and Gimli for the 100m sprint, Thor won for weight-lifting, and Gollum won gold for rock climbing! Dean Winchester won at hand-to-hand combat. But gathering all the medalists to a final total, the Lord of the Rings fandom wins leaving the Supernatural fandom in second and the Marvel fandom in third!"

The crowd cheered and the rest of the LOTR competitors raced onto the field, celebrating their victory.

I gave my friends a poll of who might win-- they voted and I used the results here. But, of course, LOTR wins overall.