Thief- Legolas

Requested by: AllthatSour

Legolas' POV:

I walked through the halls of Mirkwood, servants stopping and bowing respectively as I passed. I walked into the throne room and up to my father's throne.

"You called for me?" I asked, meeting the intense gaze of Thranduil.

"Yes," he spoke giving a voice that made it obvious he thought he was better than everyone, "there is a thief in these woods. She stole some precious jewels of mine. I want you to find her, and kill her."

"Her?"

"Yes, the famous y/n. I want her dead." The gaze of my father narrowed, clearly showing 'Do it, or else.' I dipped my head and turned around, heading for the gates.

Your POV:

You carefully weaved yourself through the dense woods of Mirkwood. Despite being an elf, you were lost.

You were an outcast, found by a bunch of men as a baby. They raised you to be a theif, forcing your to steal things they could get a bounty for, putting your natural elven skills to use.

You never thought that you would get lost in a forest in habited by elves. But, here you were. The trees were too thick to see stars, so you just headed in the direction you had thought you had come and tried to not make any turns.

Then you heard something, quiet footsteps, obviously an elf. You cursed silently and casually grabbed one of your knives. You flipped around to come face to face with an arrow.

You smirked.

You whipped your free hand outwards and grabbed the arrow, and tossed it to the side. While the elf, you didn't really focus on him, started to reload you grabbed his bow and ripped it from his hand. He was pretty strong, okay, really strong even when you caught him off guard. But soon his bow was across the forest floor and you had your knife to his neck.

"I know why you are here." You hissed. "To take what I've stolen. Then you are going to kill me. But that's not going to happen." You took this time to look at the elf. Piercing blue eyes, brushed blonde hair, a slim figure built for strength and endurance. You noticed how lightly he held himself, a warrior- possibly a scout, but his posture was amazing. You gasped, this was the prince! If you killed him, the bounty on your head would increase and elves and men alike would never stop looking for you.

"Prince Legolas, never thought your father would send you after me."

"Well he did." Then he lashed out, grabbing a machete that you had forgotten to take and lunged into battle with you. His blows were fast and skillfully aimed, you only managed to deflect them.

"I can see why he sent you." You spoke, trying not to let him see your fear.

"Why is that?" He smirked.

"You have talent." You admitted, finally seizing the chance to unleash some of your skills.

"So do you. Pity that I have to kill you."

"Shame I have to die in your hands." You fired back.

"How can an elf, such as you, end up as an outcast?"

"When you are left to die as a baby and have a cruel master to work for."

"You work for somebody?"

"If I don't comply it will be my head." You knife met his machete and it became a battle of strength. Even with a proper sword, you were going to loose.

"I don't see why I should kill you." His eyes met yours and the pressure against your knife decreased. "You're basically a slave." He released you and stepped backwards.

"Pretty much." You sighed, taking a few steps back, not trusting the prince.

"But I can't let you go with my father's jewels." You raised your knife, it was very clear that you would be dead if you didn't give them to your master. "So, let's go visit your master. I can free you and you can come and live at the Woodland Realm."

You considered this offer, doubting that he could make it come true.

"What about the King?" Your voice wavered.

"I could say that you were forced," his eyes shifted to one of the scars on your shoulder from a previous job, "tortured even to fulfill the work of your evil master. You could give my father the jewels back, and I'll tell him I would be watching you."

"Why are you doing this?" You said in a hushed voice, no one ever offered to do something nice to you.

"Because I don't believe that a beautiful elf, such as yourself, should be doing a cruel job like this. Going off each day as a slave, forced to do her master's evil bidding. I think you should be free." Legolas slowly walked to you. "No bird should ever be caged." He reached out and caressed your cheek, it took all of your will to not melt into his touch. "So, are you with me?"

You felt safe with Legolas, so you met his gaze once more, unflinching, and nodded.