FLASHBACK #3

FYI this chapter is really long, I'm sorry!

CHRISTMAS - JUNIOR YEAR

Sophie walked downstairs wearing a red dress and looked at herself once again in the mirror by the door, fixing her curled hair, before letting out a sigh.

"Oh, you look beautiful sweetie." Brenda said, coming down the stairs, dressed in dress pants and a crimson top.

"Thanks mom, so do you."

"Thank you."

They were on their way to the Jacobs' because every Christmas Eve since James passed they would get together for a big dinner. Last year, they did it at Sophie's house.

"Are we not bringing their presents?" Sophie asked, about to grab the large Tupperware filled with gifts.

Brenda shook her head, "They're going to come over tomorrow morning and we will do gift exchange and make them breakfast."

"But isn't grandma coming tomorrow?"

"Yes, but she's not coming until later."

"And how long is she staying?"

"Until after New Year's."

"Did you take time off this year to hang out with her?" Sophie loved her grandma, but she needed space at times.

"Yes, I've taken the entire week off."

"Good, you deserve a break."

Brenda chuckled, "I'd say so. Okay, let's go."

They left the house and Sophie followed her mom to her car. They drove over to the Jacobs' and got out, making their way inside and that's when Sophie noticed that Brenda had brought a few of the gifts.

"I thought we weren't bringing their gifts!"

"These are the Christmas Eve pajama's." Brenda whispered as she rang the doorbell.

Marsha answered it, dressed in a black jumpsuit, "Hi, Merry Christmas you two."

"Merry Christmas, Marsha." Brenda gave her a hug.

"Merry Christmas." Sophie said as she embraced Marsha.

"Hey, welcome to the party!" Cal said, giving both girls an embrace. Cal was wearing a white button up and black dress pants.

Aaron, as usual, was sitting at the island hammering the drinks back in casual attire and Nate stood behind his parents wearing a black dress shirt with a red tie and black pants, waiting to greet Brenda and Sophie.

"Nate, Merry Christmas." Brenda said, giving him a hug.

"Merry Christmas to you too, you look lovely."

"Merry Christmas, Nate. You cleaned up well." Sophie said, with a small smile.

"Merry Christmas, Sophie. You look beautiful."