Chapter Three

TRIGGER WARNING: Mention(s) of self-harm.

Sophie and Lexi entered McKay's house and pushed through all the people that were there. Sophie already spotted Nate, who was shirtless, and cursed under her breath.

"Let's go this way." Lexi said, tugging on Sophie's arm, but it was too late.

Nate's had spotted them and was walking over with an angry look on his face. Sophie had a bit of a smirk on her face as she stared at Nate as he got closer.

"Sophie, come on." Lexi tugged once more before she actually followed Lexi.

"Hey, come here!" Nate yelled, following the girls upstairs.

He managed to grab Sophie's hand and pull her toward him, which also pulled Lexi.

"Nate, you don't want to do this." Lexi said, tightening her grip on Sophie.

"I think Soph and I need to talk." he squeezed Sophie's hand, "What do you think?"

"I don't know I-"

Sophie was feeling pretty drunk. She had drank nearly half the bottle of vodka, and it was quickly affecting her judgement. Mind you, it was just a small bottle, but the effects remained the same.

"It'll take a minute. Don't worry, Lexi." Nate stared at Lexi.

"Two minutes." Lexi said, before releasing Sophie's arm, "I'm staying right outside this door."

Nate smirked and pulled Sophie into the bedroom, before closing the door.

"Sophie, what the fuck? How could you ruin our cover and tell people? Like did you really think that Lexi of all people would keep this a secret?"

Sophie giggled and laid on the bed, "I wasn't thinking, duh."

Nate rolled his eyes, "I'm being fucking serious. Stop being fucking stupid."

"I'm drunk, Nate."

"Well, that's your fault."

She sat up, staring at Nate, "You look hot right now."

"Now isn't the time for that. I'm trying to have a serious conversation and -"

"I'm trying to have a serious conversation." Sophie mimicked him.

And, he lost it.

"You think this is fucking funny? Do you?" he grabbed one of McKay's trophies and slammed it on the ground, "This isn't some fucking joke. Grow up Sophie."

Ouch, she made a mental note to say sorry to McKay since that trophy was probably important. She'd seen this side of Nate many times, but it still scared her every time. He had never physically hurt her, but he would just destroy objects that were in his view. She heard a knock on the door, knowing it was Lexi just checking in.

"What?" Nate screamed.

"Is everything okay?" Lexi said from the other side of the door, "I thought I heard something crash."

"Everything's fine." Nate yelled back.

"It doesn't sound fine, Nate! Open up the door right now!" Lexi pounded on the door and Sophie stood up and stumbled to the door and opened it, letting Lexi in.

"Are you okay? I heard something crash." Lexi exclaimed as she looked around, seeing the trophy on the floor.

Nate was in the chair in the corner now with his head in his hands.