Chapter Seventy-Nine

TRIGGER WARNING: GUN VIOLENCE, MENTIONS OF SELF-HARM/SUICIDE

You guys will enjoy this chapter. Sweet bliss mixed with chaos.

Plus, I know you've all been waiting for this.

Xoxo

Wednesday, March 6th, 2019

Nate woke up on Wednesday with two tasks that he knew he needed to complete after school.

One was to get the disc back from Cassie.

And the second was to give the disc to Jules.

He didn't expect to have another task arise while the rest was unfolding.

His face was a bit bruised from Rue, but it wasn't too bad. And he ended up taking off the bandage from his arm.

History class was awkward, as it had been for the last two days. There was awkward tension between Sophie and Elliot, and Nate was still fucking pissed at him.

And yet, he surprisingly hadn't said anything.

Sophie, on the other hand, hadn't been feeling well. She felt nauseous all morning. And throughout the afternoon, she had immense pressure in her abdomen, and pain radiating to her back.

"Why do you keep scrunching your face up like that?" Maddy asked her at lunch.

"I just have random back spasms and pain every now and then."

Maddy and Lexi exchanged a look.

"Bitch, are you sure you're not in labour?"

"No, it doesn't feel like it. It should feel like the fake contractions I had before."

"If they continue-"

"I know. I'll go to the hospital."

But it was nothing to bother Nate about.

She got home from school and retreated to her bed. She was so fucking tired. And she just wanted to sleep. And she did, for twenty minutes until she had the worst stomach pain, waking her up.

"Fuck."

That's so weird.

She pushed it aside, just thinking it was another effect of what happened today.

Until they started coming back.

First it was every fifteen minutes.

Then it was every twelve minutes.

Holy fuck, she was in labour.

And she was alone.

Her mom was at the hospital, she should call her.

Nate.

Fuck, she needed to call Nate.

And the pain was getting worse. And stronger.