Chapter Fifty-Nine

"You fucked Cassie?" Sophie asked, as the tears fell.

"Look, Soph, please, hey, baby, calm down." Nate went to put his arms around her and she moved away.

"No, don't, don't touch me. You fucked, you fucked Cassie! Fucking Cassie who falls in love with every guy that looks at her! And, and then you fucked me not even 20 minutes later!" Sophie sniffled, her voice cracking, "How the fuck could you do that? How fucking could you?"

Nate looked at her as tears fell down his face, "It was a mistake and-"

"Everything was going so well, we were, we were finally in a good fucking place and then you did that?"

"But I wasn't in a good place I was doubting everything that fucking happened!"

"And you thought instead of talking to me, you'd go fuck someone else? What the fuck is actually wrong with you?"

"No, I didn't fucking mean to fuck anyone else, I didn't like, plan it-"

"Then what the fuck-"

"I didn't know if I could be a fucking good dad or a dad at all and I had all these thoughts in my-"

"So you cheated because you didn't know if you could be a good dad?"

"No, fuck, let me talk-"

"Your fucking excuses don't make any fucking sense!"

"I didn't fucking know if I could do all of this! I wanted to fucking bail because shit was getting too fucking real and all the stupid birth shit was in my head and I felt like we made the wrong decision." Nate looked up at her as she looked back at him in shock, "Let me finish. As soon as the stuff happened with Cassie-"

"Don't fucking say her name. I don't want to hear her name come out of your mouth again."

Nate nodded, "Right, uh, after I realized it was a mistake and how much this is everything I've wanted. All that stuff I told you in the hospital? That was the truth, okay? I meant all of that. I guess I just needed to fuck up so badly to know what I really wanted and what I really needed in my life."

"And you didn't think during the whole thing that you were making a mistake? The whole time Maddy and I were banging on the fucking door?"

"No, I-"

"No, you didn't regret it until the second we were banging on the bathroom door. That's why you fucking stalled so much, you were trying to figure out what the fuck to do with her." Sophie scoffed, "I fucking told Maddy. I knew something was up."

"Sophie-"

"You put her in the bathtub and told her to pretend to be asleep, didn't you?" A guilty look was written on Nate's face as she nodded, "That's what I thought."

"You don't understand-"

"Understand? You think you're having a hard time? Have you seen what the fuck I've been through since September? Every bad thing that could happen to someone happened to me. The only fucking thing I've been looking forward to is Mia being born so we could be a family. But this isn't a fucking family, you don't betray your fucking family. Maybe you are just like your father." Sophie spat as Nate's eyes widened.

"You don't mean that." Nate replied, his voice barely a whisper.

"You don't think so?"

"I'm not like my fucking father. Unlike my father, who doesn't love my mother, I fucking love you." Nate said as he got closer to her, his hand resting on her cheek, "I'm so fucking in love with you. I've felt sick all week and-"