Border War

Ember is standing at the head of the meeting table. Before him is Leia, May, Jaune, Ruby, Pietro, Penny, his father, and Ironwood. Ironwood has a confused and concerned look on his face as he hears Ember's plan. He sighs a little, pinching the bridge of his nose. Mason glanced back to Ironwood before looking back to his son. He sighs as well and stands up slowly.

Mason: Ember. I appreciate the idea, but that level of attack is-

May: Not what we need. Not from you! Not from anyone else!

Ember: Oh come on! They are just sitting around Atlas. Onyx and Salem are planning something! Something with Watts! Something with all those mobsters and more. They can sew the seeds of deceit right in front of us and we wouldn't even see it! We all saw what their forces could do in action! We need to strike back hard and fast! Especially when they are just sitting there!

Jaune: We can't just invade a fleet like that. That's what too risky.

Ember: Compromise with someone?

Leia: He may have an idea there.

Jaune: You can't be serious? That attack is too risky and costly.

Leia: NOT if we have a secondary motive.

Pietro: Are you referring to the tower and those engines?

Ember raised an eyebrow as Leia nodded. Pietro smiled and gestured for her to take a stand. She smiled and walked up to the head of the table and glanced at Ember. He stepped to the side and took a seat beside May at the table. Leia put her scroll down and a hologram of a smaller Amity Arena showed up.

Leia: With Amity now officially destroyed, most hopes of communication globally is null and void. Not true. Not even in the slightest. Pietro and I have still been working on our engine and stabilizers, a way to get a satellite is all but certain. These puppies can and will work! We know they can work! And not to mention, we have the prints and the resources to build a second Amity tower. Small scale, but that is all we need.

Ironwood rubbed his chin a little, letting the idea play out in his mind.

Ember: So, what? That invasion would just be a distraction?

Leia: No! I know you! And you know me damn well. We can get those done easily. You can take down a few ships and more, I can get that tower launched. We get it to a small enough scale, just enough to launch it and get to talking. You want to fight fire with fire, this is how we can do it!

Mason: Not to be the bearer of bad news, but whatever we kill, Onyx and Salem will replace. They have Creation. They can just make more Grimm. More ships. Until we can get the relic from them, whatever attack we do, it is for nothing.

Leia: But if we don't get that tower up, the rest of the world will live divided. The entire planet saw that message from Onyx. If they think that is what the world looks like right now, we need to prove them wrong!

Ruby: Leia's right! We need to fight back now!

Jaune: I agree. But we need to find a better plan for this! It can't just be an attack and move on.

Ember: Infiltration then? We grab Creation from under their nose!

May: You aren't! That's way too risky!

Ember: Do we really have a choice here?! It's either we nab that staff or we don't have a chance!

Leia: Or establish communications! Information flow is vital to any war effort. We have seen this time and time again!

Ruby: I'm with you both. And I don't think anyone is saying otherwise.

Jaune: But we need to decide what to value more than anything else. If we attack now, then Salem just builds back her forces. But if we establish communications, we could get an organized message out.