Doubles Round

The team rounds have finally ended, and soon Yang and Weiss would be fighting for the name of Team RWBY. Up in the security box, FLME stands as Fred is down watching the arena. However, instead of watching his beloved girlfriend, Fred is instead watching Russel and Sky from Team CRDL getting the butts served by one of Ruby's friends, Penny.

Russel Thrush, daggers in hand, is running from the mayhem before spinning around, ready to face his opponents, who turns out to be the familiar face of Penny Polendina and her beret-wearing teammate. With an ever-present smile and simple arm movements, she summons six floating swords from behind her and rears them back before launching them in a ring at Russel, who barely manages to duck behind a rock to protect himself.

Wasting no time, Penny does the same thing with another group of blades, homing in on the other CRDL teammate Sky Lark until he uses his own halberd to vault over another stone for defense. The two exchange a worried look at the sight of their rocks still pierced with multiple blades, and Penny grins in combat-ready fierceness as she looks to her partner, who simply taps her watch as if hurrying Penny up.

Wasting no time, Penny raises her hands like a puppetmaster and uses the near-invisible strings attached to each hilt to lift the giant rocks up in the air, with the screaming Russel and Sky still hanging on. Bringing her arms down to her sides, the stones come crashing to the ground as well, leaving Penny's opponents in the grass. Her swords come back to her pack as the buzzer rings.

Leia: That was a nice fight.

May: Yeah, especially since it was against those guys.

Fred: Hey, I don't like Team CRDL anymore than you do. But still-

Ember: But nothing. They didn't deserve to make it past round one. No matter what they did for you and Yang.

May: I can still feel the ear pull.

Ember walks over and wraps an arm around May.

Ember: I gotcha, Kitten.

Port: (Over broadcast system) And our next match will be Yang Xiao Long and Weisss Schnee of Beacon. Verses, Flynt Coal and Neon Katt of Atlas.

Fred giggly leaves the circle formed by his team to watch the arena.

Leia: Ok, now he is freaking me out.

Ember: Right there with you.

Yang: (in the center of the field with Weiss Schnee at her side, stretching out her arms) Well, now it's our turn!

Weiss: Just remember to keep proper form.

Yang: (chuckles) Alright. (her tone shifts to talk strategy) You're from Atlas. What could we expect?

Weiss: (listing off the facts as Yang loosens up her legs as well) Well, seeing as their Kingdom, academy and armed forces are all merged as one, I think we can expect strict, militant fighters with advanced technology and carefully rehearsed strategies.

At that very moment, a rainbow zooms past the two surprised Huntresses-in-training, coming to a stop opposite them, revealing a pigtailed Faunus girl with roller blades and a cat tail swishing around her weapon next to a young man wearing a fedora and sunglasses, holding a trumpet in one hand.

Weiss: (recovering from her shock faster than the open-mouthed Yang) ... Or whatever they are.

Flynt: Hey! (Weiss looks over to him as he gestures at her, smiling) You Weiss Schnee, right? The heiress.

Weiss: (bowing her head, smiling at the recognition) I am.

Flynt: I take it you're pretty good with Dust, then?