Night on the Roof

Ember is getting into an ice bath within the Team FLME dorm.

Ember: Cold, cold, cold, cold, cold, cold, cold. (May pushes him in all the way into the bath.) Cold!

May: It's an ice bath, its supposed to be cold.

Ember: Yeah yeah. Well, (he looks to Fred walking by.) if I wasn't engulfed by a giant fire tornado then I be just fine. (Fred looks sternly at him.) But...I cannot argue with results, nice work pal. (Fred smiles.)

Leia: So who are we gonna send to the finals?

Ember: Fred.

Fred: What?

Ember: Dude, docs said I should be ready to go in 2 to 3 days. Finals are tomorrow and we need an option by tonight, and I am in no condition to fight.

Fred: Fine. I'll get myself locked in.

Leia: Yeah-ah!

A door knock is heard.

May: I'll get it.

Fred: Thanks, May.

May walks over and puts her hood back on. She opens the door with a smile but immediately closes it and walks back to Ember leaving the entire team surprised.

Ember: Everything ok-oh boy (May begins scratching behind his fox ear.)

Leia: Err?

Ember: According to her, this gets rid of stress. Oh yeah right there.

Fred: Who was it?

May: Solomon.

Fred, Leia and Ember: What!

The knock goes off again. Leia grabs one of her clubs and walks to the door but is stopped by Fred.

Fred: He wants me, not you. (He goes to the door. and opens it.)

Solomon: (Placing his hand the back of his neck) Can we um-can we talk for a second.

Fred: Sure.

He steeps out and closes the door behind him. Unknown to them, Yang is about to round the corner to visit Fred. When she sees the two, she takes cover behind the corner to watch.

Solomon: That was-that was some fight we had?

Fred: Yeah.

Solomon: Okay, I'm just gonna jump into this. Freddie, I'm sorr-

Fred: No your not!

Solomon: What?

Fred: You're not sorry. You're not sorry for anything. If you were truly sorry, then you would have stopped years ago. You're not sorry, your afraid. Afraid of me. Of what I can do. You saw first hand what I am capable of and your terrified of that happening to you again. You are afraid that one of your little 'friends' came back and beat you. That's why you are doing this. Not for the good of everyone else, but for your personal gain!

Solomon: Look, Freddie. I mean-

Fred: No you don't. Admit it, Solomon. You are afraid.

Solomon: (Sighs) Yes. But-but I'm willing to make amends for what I did.

Fred: You want to make amends! (Solomon nods.) Then take your team, and get out. Get out of my school and my life and NEVER come back into it!

Solomon: But Freddie-

Fred: NOW!

Solomon: O-o-okay. (He walks away. Fred turns back to his dorm room.) Hey. (Solomon turns his head back while Fred doesn't move.) I know this is really late, but I'm-am sorry...for what happen to your folks. Say hi to your family for me? See you later.