The Thief and the Dealer

Team RWBY, Fred, and Leia all sit around their logs, pondering an idea. If all of this is truly a fairy tale world. Weiss looks somewhat annoyed at the others for even entertaining the idea. She gets up and marches in front of them all.

Weiss: Are we really going to entertain this idea?

Yang: You got a better explanation.

Weiss: It's just absolutely ridiculous, is what it is!

Leia: Weiss. Gods exists. People thousands of years old walk among us. You are friends with the reincarnation of a god of fire, and your sister is an ice magician. And THIS is what you think is ridiculous? Honey, that word lost all meaning the moment a 14-year-old walked up to us and called himself "Ozpin."

Weiss: Yes, that. Okay, I see your point of view. I am going to go over here now.

Weiss walks away, she starts to talk nonsense to herself as she tries to grapple with the team's current situation.

Ruby: As crazy as it sounds, something about this is familiar.

Blake: The Girl Who Fell Through the World. I... I think we're in the Ever After.

Weiss: Blake, that world is make-believe. It was just part of the story we all read as kids.

Little: It's not make-believe, it's where I live!

Blake: Can you tell us all about it? Have you ever heard the name Alyx?

Little: An "Alyx"? Is that a purpose?

Blake: In the story, Alyx fell from the sky and met with the Hunter Mice, got trapped in vines, fought a Jabberwalker, and got her knife stolen by... A talking raccoon.

Weiss groans and crosses her arms.

Leia: Yeah. She beat the Red King, meet the curious cat and the Rusted Knight, and finally got through...

Fred: The tree.

The whole group turns and looks up to the massive tree.

Fred: If history is repeating itself, it's safe to assume that we are the new characters in the story. Which means we follow the path.

Yang: Yeah. Still need my arm, though.

Little: I'll bet the Jinxy Peddler has it.

Weiss: (angry) WHO?!

Little yelped and ducked behind Ruby.

Little: The Jinxy Peddler? That's the only talking raccoon I know.

Weiss angrily grumbles to herself.

Blake: Do you know where he might be?

Little: Of course! (scurrying up to Ruby's head) I'll lead the way right to him!

Little pointed forward, using Ruby's hair as a grappling point. Ruby begins walking with Weiss, Blake and Leia right behind her. Fred turns back slightly and sees a fiery figure in the woods. He jitters a little, blinking and lurches back. The figure is now gone. Yang places a hand on his shoulder.

Yang: You ok?

The group stops from up ahead and looks back.

Fred: Yeah. Just... something's off, is all.

Blake: What's up?

Fred is silent for a few moments.

Fred: I don't hear them. The other Guardians, I mean.

Weiss: Isn't that a good thing?

Fred: Sometimes, yes. But wherever we are... it is magical in origin. Which means my powers should be amplified. I should hear them. The fact that I don't is...concerning.