Recovery One

The three ships flew back towards Vytal. Ember is sitting in the med-bay, wrapping bandages around his arm and hand. A nurse pushes a needle into his arm. He grips his fist a little as the needle pulls back. He sighs a little and rubs his arm as the door opens to the room. Inside walked May Fumi and Leia Burns. May pushes past the doctors a little and gets besides Ember.

May: Are you ok? What happened?

Ember: I'm fine. No need to be overly concerned.

May: Let me be concerned.

Ember: Gee that's a first.

May looked at Ember in a light glare, slightly slapping his arm. Ember gritted his teeth a little as Leia walks up to him.

Leia: How was the mission?

Ember: Standard. In and out. No issues. Well, except for this obviously.

Ember chuckled a little As May sighed in some slight annoyance.

Ember: Penny's data been whipped. Asset secured.

Leia: Good.

The room fell silent of conversation. The only sounds were that of the electronics in the medical bay. All three stayed quiet a little until Ember stretched his back a bit and grunted.

Ember: While this conversation is riveting, what has everyone else been up to?

May: Mostly running ops and training runs. There really isn't much else to do. It may have been over a month, but come on. Let's be frank. No one's really gotten over all of this.

Ember: I mean what has everyone been up to since I left. It was only yesterday. Calm down a little. I don't need an exposition dump.

May looked at Ember in some annoyance before going in and punching his arm. Ember gritted his teeth again in pain from the punch. May shook her hand a little, feeling some level of pain from the attack. Leia rolled her eyes a little and heard a slight beep from her scroll. Reaching down and looking at it, Leia sighed a little before placing the thing away.

Leia: Well, as fun as this was, I got work to do. Penny is filling in Winter now. And knowing Winter she wants updates from everyone.

Ember: Well, how has your dumpster fire been?

Leia slowly begins to smile. She chuckles a little and looks at her friends.

Leia: We got ourselves engines. Pietro and I developed them.

Ember: Wait, seriously?

Leia: We're rebuilding the arena. And we're getting it up into orbit.

Leia smiled widely. Ember and May looked at one another, smiles slowly starting to form as well. They turned back to Leia. Before Leia could get another word out, her scroll beeped again. Leia groaned and flung her head back in annoyance.

Leia: I gotta bounce. (To Ember) Don't forget to fill out that report to Winter.

Ember: I've been working for her for weeks. I know what I am doing. Get off my back about it, ok? Only May is allowed to treat me like a doormat!

May: Yeah! That's my turf.

Leia: No. And I don't care to know what you two are into.

Ember and May both stuck out their tongues in a grossed out fashion. Leia laughed and then proceeded to walk out of the room with a chuckle and laughing uncontrollably.

_________________________________________

Inside a dark lit room, Cinder Fall can be heard screaming in pain. She is in chains, being held up with her back to the rest of the room. Damson Shade removes his cybernetic tail from her back after injecting more poison into her. On the far side of the room is Onyx, sitting on a throne. He watches as Damson continues to torture Cinder. The door opens and Salem slowly moves in.