Day in Vale

Yang Xiao Long began her day like any other, getting her usual shower, thinking about her life and friends, getting into her usual attire and wondering down the halls of Beacon Academy to go get her breakfast. After gathering what food she wanted, Yang sat down at the usual window seat in the dining hall and waited for everyone else to arrive. One by one, the rest of her friends arrived at the hall.

As everyone was eating and having a blast, with Nora throw food towards Yang and the blonde attempting to catch it in her mouth, Ember and May telling off a story on how they met, Leia and Weiss studying together or just Pyrrha, Jaune, Ren, and Blake who were along for the ride. As breakfast progress however, Yang was able to notice something, or, someone was missing from the group.

Yang: Hey, Ember. Where's Fred?

Ember: Fred? Yeah, where is he anyway?

May: You're his brother! Aren't you suppose to watch out for him like 24/7?

Ember: Hey, I'm not his watch dog! Anyone with siblings can tell you that!

Jaune: Seconded that!

Ruby: Yep!

Ember: But in all honesty, he said he was going to do a few rounds in the training sim.

Jaune: Really? Why push himself like that?

Ember: Let's just say the whole "Cardin Incident" really got him going.

The group all turn away with some concern on their faces. Yang suddenly grew a large smile on her face and stood up.

Yang: Want me to go get him for you?

Ember: Sure. Be great!

Yang: Moving!

With that, Yang bolted out the door and towards the training simulator next to the combat arena on Beacon. Back at the table, both Ruby and Leia laughed to themselves at the prospect to what is to come.

May: What's so funny?

Leia: Oh, nothing.

_________________________________________________________

Once Yang fully entered the Training Simulator, she leaned against the wall and watched as Fred cut two Beowolves in half with a single swing of his wrist blade. As another Ursa came up from behind him, Fred ignited fire before him and slid backwards, tripping the Grimm and making it fall flat onto its stomach. Fred flipped forward and punched the Ursa's skull.

Another Ursa leapt behind Fred about to crash down onto him. Before Fred can get ready to defend himself, two shotgun blasts hit the Ursa and Yang flips into it and kills it. She raises her fists and smirks to herself as more Grimm come their way.

Fred: Really?

Yang: Really, really. Gives us time to talk!

Yang swings her fist around and punches another holographic Grimm in the face while Fred axe kicks one's snout.

Fred: Talk? About what exactly?

Yang: You!

The two punch two Grimm away before somersaulting backwards and kicking and punching into more Grimm respectively.

Fred: Why me?

Yang: You're the one (punches a Beowolf) who nearly killed a guy! (Punches another Beowolf) And ran off during a movie!

Fred slices a Creep right down the middle and ignites fire to burn away several more.

Fred: Fair point!