Of Hated Demon King

Elsewhere on a snow-covered acre, Ember, May, and Ulthane step foot on the shore. Ulthane looks back to his ship, resting gently along the sea. Snow and ice cover much of the acre as Origami trees pepper the snowfield. May steps up to one of the trees, softly feeling it as Ember sniffs the brisk air around them.

Ulthane: Be wary! The Rusted Knight guides these lands with a zeal!

Ember glances back.

Ember: Understood.

Ember gestures for May to follow. The three of them begin their venture inward of the acre. They continue on their pathway forward, Ember sniffing the air every so often as they march. Ulthane spins around slightly, trying to keep his eyes open and guard up. The trio slowly makes their way forward, reaching a small river bed.

Ember: Captain?

Ulthane nods and pulls out a map.

Ulthane: Forty-three paces downriver. South.

Ember: Then let's move.

Ember leads the other two downstream. They continue their walk down through the snowy tundra before arriving at a large ditch. At the bottom is a small cave with a large stone door plastered on it. Ember wastes no time and leaps down, sliding along the snow to the entrance. May is right behind him. Ulthane looks down and sees a symbol on the door.

The symbol resembles that of Primus, the first Guardian's emblem from the ancient past of Remnant. His arm shakes a little. However, Ulthane joins the two young huntsmen and slides down to join them. Ember activates his semblance and increases his strength, slowly he opens the massive stone door, pulling back the rock to reveal a pitch-black cave inside with steps going downward.

Ember sniffs the air again. His nose scrunches up, and he takes a step back before waving his hand away.

Ember: Oh yeah. Definitely a familiar scent.

May: Think we'll find anything?

Ember: Only one way to find out.

Ember takes a step to enter. But May grabs his arm and stops him. Ember raises an eyebrow.

Ember: What?

May gestures back towards Ulthane. He has a sorrowful look to him. Slowly he walks up and places a hand on each of their shoulders.

Ulthane: The ship will stay just off the shore for ye.

Ember: You're not coming?

Ulthane: That there...be the tomb of the Demon King. It's cursed grounds. I may be a pirate. A thief. But I dare not mess with the demons and fires from who knows where.

May steps up to Ulthane and hugs him gently. The captain hugs her back.

May: Thank you so much, Ulthane.

Ulthane chuckles.

Ulthane: Lass. This ain't goodbye. Unless you die, that is.

May and Ember laugh as the hug breaks. Ulthane places a hand on Ember's shoulder and smiles at him. He smiles back at the Captain.

Ember: Give us three days. If we don't return to the ship by then, keep sailing northward. Onto the next acre!

Ulthane: Aye Lad. Good luck.

Ember: Same to you!

Ulthane bows his head, taking off his hat. With a smirk, he turns around and makes his way out of the ditch. Ember and May turn back towards the tomb. Ember's hand reaches over and softly takes May's hand with his own. She holds it tightly. Ember's gaze shifts over to look at May. She's already looking at him with a warm smile. May begins to walk down into the darkness, Ember slowly following behind her.