Crash Down

Several Mantas hovered around the wreckage as Pietro stepped down with Leia and Maria. Another ship flew in, this one carrying Ruby and Weiss. The two girls looked down and Ruby gasped a little. Quickly, she got out of the ship, leaping out of it actually, and landed down on the snow below. She ran up and in the middle of a crater was Penny. Her arm was shattered off, as was her leg. Some bits of her body were clearly broken apart bit by bit. Ruby covered her mouth as Leia picked up Penny's body and brought it onto a stretcher.

Pietro sighed as he slowly followed his daughter and her armed guards. Ruby walked past Leia and got onto the same ship as Weiss stepped next to the blonde.

Weiss: Any serious damage?

Leia: Luckily no. Her internal core is still functioning. But there has to be something inside her..breaking her apart.

Weiss: What do you mean?

Leia: Back when we were in Atlas when Pietro first started to take me under his wing, he showed me her blueprints. She can withstand a lot more force, especially if she was given support. Someone shut her down.

Weiss: So...she was hacked?

Leia: For a lack of a better term, yes. I have a few ideas.

Weiss: Watts.

Leia nodded. She took out her scroll and made a call.

Leia: May? How we looking upstairs?

Up inside the New Amity Arena Satellite, May is with Elsa Inverno and the rest of SMR as they are fighting off Grimm. A few Atlas and Vale militia folk as well. May takes cover behind a wall and goes to her scroll, planted firmly on her wrist.

May: Not good! A lot more Grimm up here than we thought. I think they have a nest already built.

May fires a few rounds from Wonderland. Stonewall and Elsa run up, slashing at the beasts and pushing on through the wall of Grimm. Crimson and Regen slowly make their way forward with May.

Leia: Copy that. And the boys?

May: Got their infiltration mission! Ember's got Oscar, Jaune, and Ren.

Leia: Understood. Just keep working.

Leia hung up after May fired off a few more rounds. The blonde sighed and rubbed the back of her neck. Weiss placed her hand on Leia's shoulder and gave her friend a warm smile. Weiss looked her in the eye.

Weiss: We'll get through this. I know we will.

Leia: Warm words can do very little I'm afraid.

Weiss looked down, slightly melancholy.

Leia: Not to say they aren't needed.

Weiss' head perked back up. She smiled warmly and walked back to the nearby Manta with Leia. The two girls smiled at one another as the door closed and they took off.

_______________________________________________________________

An airship landed down on the back of Monstra, allowing Onyx to step out and onto the massive Grimm. The skin peeled back and allowed Onyx inside. Once in the halls of the ship, he marched on, walking towards the bridge of the beast. Once inside the throne room, Hazel was standing there with Salem on her throne.

Salem: Brother.

Onyx: Sister.

Onyx walked up to the front of the bridge and looked out.

Onyx: I suggest an immediate forward advancement on Vytal.

Salem: Oh? Even with that massive fleet?