The Next Step

Yang slowly opened her eyes as the sunlight hit her straight in the face. She smacked her lips together and proceeded to sit up and let the light fully engulf her form. However, her feeling of a rocky bed wasn't there, rather it was her own bed she'd been using ever since her, Weiss and Fred came into Mistral. Looking around she didn't see either Fred nor Weiss in the room. With that, Yang got out of the bed and decided to check out the entire house itself.

Immediately when she stepped outside, the smell of coffee and smoking hot breakfast items were inside the house. Once she got downstairs, she could see almost everyone was still inside the house from the night before.

Ren, May, Ruby, Leia, even Mrs. Belladonna and her uncle Qrow were making breakfast. Ember and Sun were setting the table with Nora cutting up vegetables and Mr. Belladonna looking out across the backyard.

Ruby: Hey, sis!

Yang: Uh, hey guys.

Qrow: How'd you sleep, firecracker?

Yang: Like a rock I guess. One moment I was out back with Fred the next I'm in my bed.

Ember: Oh yeah, he brought you in. Didn't want you sleeping on the ground.

Yang: Speaking of Fred, where is he? And Blake and Weiss?

Ghira: Outside.

Leia: Yeah, Jaune and Oscar wanted to get some early training. Just so happens to line up with Fred's workout routine.

Yang: Oh right. He's normally up by five.

Ghira: And a mighty fine warrior.

Sun: Eh, what else is new?

Yang looked outside with Ghira who was keeping an eye on the five. Fred was in the middle of the five with Blake, Weiss, Jaune and Oscar running around him. Weiss began to release dust to cover the four of them. Once the dust tornado formed completely, Jaune ran in and lunged towards him.

Fred sidestepped out of the way to avoid the attack. Jaune swung backwards to attack Fred again, but the latter blocked the strike and side kicked Jaune in the stomach. Once Jaune was launched back, Oscar and Weiss ran into the fray. Fred turned around and saw Weiss coming and was slashed across the chest and sent flying.

Oscar lunged towards Fred which led the latter to roll forward and evade the strike. As Oscar turned to complete another strike, Fred back stepped to dodge. He back stepped again. As Fred did, he caught sight of Blake and Jaune with the latter using his now found semblance on the former. Suddenly, an entire squad of Blake clones were spawned and ran towards Fred.

Fred: Jaune! Come on! I'm not Sun!

As Oscar came in for another strike, Fred caught the cane and threw Oscar into some of the Blake clones, shattering around three of the newly formed 10. However, Weiss once again, attacked Fred and threw him off balance. Three Blake clones leaped towards Fred and began to pin him down as Weiss also used her semblance to pin Fred down.

As the Blake clones kept running and slashing at Fred, the angrier he got until, his guardian abilities activated and with a mighty push and fire from his breath, the Blake clones, Weiss, Oscar and Jaune are all sent flying back. In the ashes is the same form that almost destroyed the Branwen Tribe, a different armor compared to Fred's.

???: Burn!

However, Fred clutches his head and the armor disappears.

Fred: GUYS!

Fred ran over towards Weiss and Blake as Yang and Ghira stepped outside and ran.

Fred: I'm so sorry! I don't know what came over me and I-