The Crimson Crybaby

Slowly, the group arrives at the Crimson Castle. Fred is still in handcuffs, with Yang right beside him. A drummer upfront lead them all through the gates and into the walls of the castle. Yang glanced at Fred and down to the cuffs.

Yang: I know you can break out of them any time.

Fred: We play along for now. I want to know more about this 'Demon King' they keep calling me.

Entering a courtyard, they see many lined up along the pathway. A soldier does a drumroll, and the soldiers along the path play an extravagant fanfare. Pair by pair, they step aside, making way for a rather short-statured, crowned figure dressed in royal garments who walks down to Team RWBY. They pose dramatically as the fanfare comes to an end. Team RWBY look on flabbergasted.

Ruby: You're the Red King?

Red Prince: (stammering) How dare you! There is no King! I'm the Red Prince. Hmph! Why, I never! Coming to someone's castle without even knowing who they are, and on my birthday!

Toy Guards: Happy Birthday, Your Majesty!

A soldier is distracted by the butterfly from earlier before his fellow soldiers nudges him.

Toy Guard 01: Happy Birthday, Your Majesty! (stands at attention again)

The Prince looks on with a slight anger in his eyes, before calming his composure.

Red Prince: Yes, yes. A joyous occasion, thank you very much.

: (whispering to Ruby) Red Prince?

Yang: The King wasn't nearly as rude, or small, or loud.

Toy Guard 02: (gasps) Well, if it hadn't been for HIM, the King would still be here!

The Toy Guard looks directly at Fred. Fred rolls his eyes, seemingly very annoyed by all of this. The Red Prince, however, eyes Fred down. He steps up to the Guardian and looks him over.

Red Prince: Who is this one?

Toy Guard 02: The Demon King, Your Majesty.

The Red Prince looks Fred over again. One of the Toy Guards grabs Fred's chin and brings him down. The Red Prince continues to examine Fred over and over. Yang and Leia look at one another. Yang slowly begins to form a fist as the Prince slaps Fred across the face. Yang moves ever so slightly before being stopped by Blake, slowly pulling her back a bit.

Red Prince: Nope! Don't see it.

Leia sighs slightly.

Red Prince: Oh well, I will have fun taking his head.

Yang and Leia: WHAT??!!

Toy Solider 01: But, Your Majesty, we brought you a gift!

The Red Prince turns to the soldier and shrugs.

Red Prince: I find this to be much more fun!

The Toy Solider shrugs and throws Penny's sword backward. Ruby leaps up, taking a few breaths to grab it, and lands safely between Fred and the Prince.

Ruby: Wait, wait, wait!

Red Prince: You dare! On my BIRTHDAY!!

Ruby: We want to play a game!

The entire courtyard falls silent. The Red Prince stares blankly at Ruby. Ruby has her eyes wide, hands up, pushing back everyone else from her friends and teammates. The Prince continues to stand in silence until he smiles widely.

Red Prince: Well, why didn't you just say so!

He snapped his fingers and the Guard undo Fred's handcuffs. All six members of the party look down at the Red Prince as the child smiles wider and creepier.