The Witch and the Wizard

Ember, Jaune, and Ren walk down the halls of Monstra slowly, making their steps lightly.

Ember: How are we supposed to find Oscar? It's going to be like finding a needle in a... giant... whale. Why did we think this was a good idea?

Ren looks thoughtfully down the corridor.

Ren: I... I might be able to help. I can sense spikes of people's emotions, I think. If I focus my Aura, I can keep it up.

Ember: Okay, that's new. Maybe one of them is Oscar.

Ren touches his temples with his fingertips, focusing.

Ren: I can sort of tell where they are, but not who. They're more or less in the same area though. Further in. I can lead.

Ren makes to move down the corridor, but Jaune stops him with a hand on his shoulder.

Jaune: Hey, you don't have to drain yourself. I can help too.

Ren: Yeah, good thinking. Thanks.

Jaune: Well, lead the way.

Ren nods and walks forward. Ember draws his pistols and steps backward, watching the rear of the trio.

_________________________________________________

Elsewhere on the beast, Hazel has Oscar by the throat, Emerald is seen with them. They walk down to a door as the flesh membranes pull back. There is the Relic of Knowledge.

Oscar: The lamp?

Hazel takes a moment to examine the lamp on its pedestal before he responds. As he speaks, he circles the relic, eyeing it suspiciously.

Hazel: I've been thinking about what you said. If it's a lie and I took that lie to Salem, the punishment would fall on my head before yours. If what you said is true and I used the password myself, well, I don't know what happens when this thing activates.

Hazel turns back to look down at Oscar.

Hazel: So let's see if you're bluffing.

Oscar: You want me to summon her?

Hazel: Either way, it'll tell me what I need to know.

Oscar slowly gets up, holding his side. He takes a deep breath.

Oscar: Jinn.

Cyan mist unfurls from the lamp. A nearby bubble of Grimm Liquid bursts and its droplets freeze in place. Hazel holds a protective arm out in front of Emerald, who takes a step back. Both look on in awe. Jinn materializes and stretches, settling into a relaxed position.

Jinn: Why, hello again, old man. Did you have a question for me?

Oscar chuckles, waving hello to Jinn. He turns to look at Hazel.

Hazel: Actually, I think all my questions are answered now.

Jinn looks on bemusedly.

Oscar: What are you going to do?

Hazel momentarily closes his eyes, likely in remembrance of his sister.

Hazel: What Gretchen would have done. And that starts with getting you away from here. Both of you.

He turns to Emerald, who can only blink in concern. Oscar approaches Hazel.

Oscar: I'm going to need something before I go.

Jinn: So just to be clear, none of you have a question for me?

Oscar: No, but we'll be bringing you with us.