New Journey

In the early morning, Yang and Fred get on Bumblebee and Crimson Dynamo respectively. Taiyang is standing next to them along with Zewi. Fred straps on a backpack and Yang puts on her sunglasses.

Taiyang: You sure you want to do this?

Yang: Yeah, Dad. We have to.

Taiyang: I mean, you don't have to.

Yang: Dad!

Taiyang: I know, I know. Just-stay safe. Please.

Yang: We will, Dad. Besides, it's us. We can handle anything.

Taiyang: Except for an arm loss.

Yang: Jerk!

Taiyang: Just, please-

Yang: We know, Dad.

Yang and Taiyang embrace one another and Taiyang kisses her cheek one last time before they depart.

Taiyang: Fred. (Fred turns and looks at Taiyang) Take care of her.

Fred: I will. You have my word.

Taiyang: I know. Now you have a boat to catch.

Yang and Fred rev off to the ship along the coast of Patch.

Yang: Tell me again: Why cant we just use the ship you rode in on?

Fred: Because... I had to turn it into the Vale government for evac. As far as I know, it's back in Mistral hands. This is our next best option.

_________________________________________________________

The two teenagers are on a ship, moving across the waters of Remnant for Anima. Yang is leaning against a wall while holding a post card and a picture of Team STRQ. Fred walks up to her and hands her a soda.

Fred: So, who we going for?

Yang: You'll figure out. That's not important right now. I'm just-thank you. Thank you for everything.

Fred: Hey, I do anything for you.

Yang leans her head on Fred's shoulder.

Yang: I know.

Fred: So, the plan is?

Yang: We get to Anima. To teach me all the backroads of the continent and get us to the place of satisfaction. Other than this.

Yang grabs Fred's member. He nervously laughs and swats the hand away. The two laugh a bit as they approach the coast of Mistral. Upon arriving at the docks, Fred and Yang guide their bikes off ship followed by the captain and his first mate.

Captain: It's not everyday that we bring some huntsmen on our ship.

Fred: Well, it's not everyday we ride on a ship with an ex huntsman.

Captain: Ah, anytime.

First Mate: You two take care out there. Anima can get pretty scary.

Yang: Eh, that's nothing. We can always handle ourselves.

Fred: Stay safe you two.

Captain: And to you as well, lad.

The two crew mates return to the ship as Fred and Yang walk through the tower. As Yang is walking, she is stopped by Fred.

Yang: What's up?

Fred: I just, you know.

Yang rolls her eyes and shoves her lips and tongue onto Fred's. The two separate and Fred has the largest grin of his face.

Fred: God, baby. I love you.

Yang: We've been dating for what, 9 months and now you call me that! It's about time!

They embrace and get no their bikes and drive off into Anima. As they are driving , they come to a stop at a crossroads and looking at a sign post. The signpost points right for Mistral and left for Kuroyuri, and the sign for Kuroyuri has "BANDITS" spray painted across it in big, red letters.

Fred: Well?

Yang: She is in SO much trouble when we find her.

Yang smiles and continues onward with Fred following her.

_________________________________________________________

The two set up a campfire with Fred making some hotdogs while Yang is polishing her metal arm.

Yang: So, how long till we get there?

Fred: Well, with the backroad support, I say minimum of four days.

Yang: Maximum?

Fred: Not at all.

Yang: Fair point.

Fred walks over and hands her a dog. She takes a bite and watches Fred leap onto a tree branch.

Yang: What are you doing?

Fred: Just keeping a lookout. No worries.

Yang: (Unconvinced) Really?

Fred: It'll be just for a little bit that's all.

Yang: You better. Besides (She enters her sleeping bag) I'll get lonely.

Fred: Don't worry. I'll be there soon.

Later in the night, it's pitch black out and Yang is sound asleep. Fred is struggling to stay up and keeps looking down at Yang to see if she is safe then back out to the woods. He opens up his scroll and reads the time of 1:24 AM.

Fred: (Sighs) Alright, alright.

Fred leaps down and gets his sleeping bag out and lies down next to Yang. He wraps an arm around which makes her snort and wake up.

Yang: Uh, wha-

Fred: Sh sh. It's just me, Beautiful. I'm sorry.

Yang: (Yawns) Sorry, Tough Guy. Come-Come on. I'm tired.

Yang allows Fred to finished wrapping his arms around her and pulls her closer to him .

Yang: I love you, Fred.

Fred: I love you too, Yang.