A Place That You Know

The rest of the group slowly walk back towards the Origami Acre in defeat. Jaune rides Juniper with Weiss, May, and Yang while Blake and Fred walk on either side of him.

Jaune: I don't get it. Alyx, the Pleasers, Michel, Ember, and now Ruby. What does this place want?

Fred: It's cognitive and emotional.

Everyone looks to Fred.

Fred: It's self-discovery. She's in good hands.

Yang: And how do you know this?

Fred turns back to them.

Fred: I'm a Guardian. A protector. I know a Guardian when I—

Fred suddenly vanishes right before their eyes.

Yang: Fred!!

Yang jumps off of Juniper and kneels down to where he just was. She pushes the snow around, tears in her eyes from the pain. Blake walks up beside her and pulls Yang back slightly. Jaune grits his teeth.

Jaune: Why?! What did I do wrong?!

Jaune gets off of Juniper and yells in frustration.

Weiss: We can figure this out. There's got to be a way to get to the Tree.

???: Hello there.

Jaune and Weiss turn to see a red star-shaped crystal Afteran carrying a basket of berries.

Red Genial Gem: You appear upset. Would you be so kind as to tell me how I can help? Perhaps you are hungry?

Jaune: (confused) Huh? (shaking his head) No, that's okay.

Red Genial Gem: If I can get you anything else, please don't hesitate to ask! That's what I'm here for!

Jaune: What? What are you?

The Yellow Genial Gem places their foot into the water.

Red Genial Gem: We are the Genial Gems, and we've arrived here to clean up this beautiful land and create something wonderful and pleasing.

Jaune watches the Genial Gems remove the parts of the former village of the Paper Pleasers. Then the Genial Gems wade through the waters and place their hands on it, a glowing light appears. The stream flutters in the air and transforms into a crystal structure.

Blake: This is them, isn't it? They're back.

Weiss: It's just like they said. They came back from the Tree, better.

May: No flood or fire will ever hurt them again.

Jaune: I'm trying so hard to save them... I stopped them from becoming what they needed to be. I was being selfish because I... I wanted the rush of rescuing someone, and I got that here.

Weiss: I think you're asking too much of yourself. We've been telling ourselves that failing means we're no good. But I can guarantee even the best Huntsmen in history... they've all lost. But they were still incredibly brave... (smiles) and good.

Jaune begins to tear up.

Jaune: Weiss...

Weiss hugs Jaune, with Blake, Yang, and May doing the same.

Jaune: Maybe that was right... Maybe I just needed to accept it. It's not a place you go.

The myriad of the multi-colored leaves from the Great Tree engulf Weiss, Blake, Yang, Jaune, and Juniper. They find themselves transported inside the Tree.

Blake: (looks around) What?

Weiss: It's a place you know.

They walk, passing the branches. Weiss pulls one branch off another and becomes shocked to see the Herbalist, now encased in wood. Yang walks forward between them, looking in both directions before noticing something.