Follow-Up Report

The Manta carrying the Blackhawks land at Atlas Academy. Standing on the pad is Ironwood and Elsa Inverno. The ship lands and the team steps out and walks up to the two. Ironwood smiled as he and Fred walked up to one another and stopped just feet apart.

Ironwood: Lieutenant Stonewall and Marrow alerted me to your success. Excellent work.

Fred: Of course sir.

Ironwood: And your added number 6? How was she?

Fred: (Glanced back) ...Admirable. Has a few kinks to work out, but I'm sure she'll get there.

Ironwood: We don't have time for that. The Blackhawks are meant to complement one another and-

Fred: And operate as a more secret and undercover Ace-Ops. I get that. But you gave me command. So, I call who gets on this team and who isn't.

Ironwood: And it's my team. Either you get her in line, or she's off.

Fred glared a little as Ironwood walked back towards the academy.

Ironwood: I expect your report later tonight.

Fred sighed as he turned back. Marrow walked past him and followed Ironwood. Stonewall walked off with Elsa, leaving Solomon, May, and Yang to themselves with Fred.

Fred: Good work. Guess...you two decide. I have...work to do. Apparently.

Solomon: Well...nice work yourself, Freddie.

Fred: Don't call me that.

Solomon: I've been calling you that your years now. Why would-

Fred glares over at him, clearly not having it. Solomon nods and slowly begins to walk away.

Solomon: Got it.

Solomon just walks off, leaving Fred to himself. Fred sighs and turns back to May and Yang.

May: I'll fill in Leia and Ember.

Fred: Don't bother. We can tell them at dinner.

May: Don't want this one-off record?

Fred: It was a torch and burn-op. No big deal. Besides, pretty sure Ember would love to hear about the fact we burned Lavenza's house down.

May: Fair point. I'll work on helping Leia.

Fred nodded as the two went their separate ways. Yang looked between the two and took off after Fred.

Yang: Mind if I say something?

Fred: Not at all.

Yang: Well..your team seems...distant.

Fred: Yeah...I'm to blame for that.

Yang: What do you mean?

Fred: Oh come on. Even a blind man can see what I'm doing wrong.

Yang: Too militaristic?

Fred: That and other responsibilities and...(sighs) I'm botching my own team.

Yang: Well, then hang out with them. Not just dinner. Have some fun. Get your mind off of some stuff.

Fred: (Sighs) Maybe. I don't know. I mean, one's my brother, the other is my best female friend and the last is essentially my sister-in-law already.

Yang: Yeah. What about your other brother? What about Isaac? Elsa doesn't really talk about him.

Fred: He doesn't really like to be talked about. He's a great guy, I love him to death. I just wished he was around more. The last time I saw him was when we defended Amber Square together after you left to go back to Vale.