Rainy Day Parade

As the first night of the mid-semester break for Beacon had begun, a large rainstorm came into Vale and crashed into Beacon directly. While it wasn't anything of serious note, the storm was still large enough that some kingdom-allied huntsmen and huntresses were called down into the city and its surrounding areas to set up sandbags, board up windows and walls and protect homes.

One of those teams were RWBY who had just returned to Beacon, wet, saggy and honestly, in a very bad mood. The girls quickly went to their rooms and dried off before getting into their personal pajamas. Blake went to her bed to read while Weiss was cuddling up with Zwei.

Yang: So, girls, now what?

Blake: Honestly, I would rather kick back and relax.

Yang: I know! But I'm bored!

Weiss: Then do SOMETHING that doesn't annoy us!

Suddenly, there was a knock at their door. Ruby walked over and opened and a large smile grew on her face.

Ruby: MAY!

Ruby ran up and hugged May Fumi who was standing in the middle of Leia Burns, Ember Ignis and her leader, Frederic Scorch, Team FLME.

May: Hey, Ruby! Can we come in?

Ruby: Yep!

Ruby stepped out of the way as Team FLME entered the dorm room. As they did, Zwei looked up and barked happily at the team.

Leia: ZWEI!

May jumped out of her own skin and hid behind Ember, clutching his arm as he held her over the ground.

Ember: You know Foxes are part of the dog family, right?

May: Yeah, but foxes are different.

Ember: Are we?

May: Yes!

Ember moved his arm so that May was directly in front of his chest. He wrapped his left arm around her back and basically hugged her.

Ember: I'm ok with this.

May grew a deadpanned look and scratched Ember's face.

Weiss: So, what are you guys doing here? Not that I mind, of course.

Leia: We saw your bullhead come in. We wanted to make sure you were all ok? Right boss?

Everyone turned to Fred who seemed zoned out as he leaned against the wall. He blinked and came back to the room and looked back to his team and friends. He nodded rapidly in agreement.

Fred: Yeah. You know.

As he attempted to look away, he inventorially locked eyes with Yang. The two stared at one another for a mere second until they both looked away from one another with a blush on each of their faces. In the meanwhile, Leia, Weiss and Ruby began to play around with Zwei.

Ember: So, you guys want to run a movie night?

Leia: Yeah. I'm down for that. May?

May: Sure. Hey! (She turns to RWBY) You guys want to join us?

Ruby: Sure! Sounds like fun! Everyone ok with that?

Weiss: I mean, I wanted to review some notes for later.

Yang: Psh! Weiss, that's lame! Come on, start this break out with a jam with some pals! Am I right, Blake!

Blake: Eh. I've read this book before.