Depression

Leia walks out of her room from the guest house. Upon reaching the first floor, she walks past the basement and hears the hits of a punching bag and Fred's grunts. Signing to herself, Leia opened the basement door and descend down the stairs. After reaching the basement, Leia sees Fred wailing on a punching bag, unloading kicks, jabs and other attacks. Fred and Leia look at one another and Fred resumes attacking the punching bag.

Leia: You doing alright?

Fred: Yeah.

Leia: Feeling ok?

Fred: That's the same question.

Leia: Just making conversation. It's been two weeks. Boss, you cant keep doing this all because of Yang-

Fred: I don't want to talk about her.

Leia: Why? You two didn't break up. You just had a fight. Not even that, just Yang dealing with her loss.

Fred: (Sarcastically) Yeah, I wonder who told me to got to her and everything will be fine?

Leia: How was I suppose to know she would react like that?

Fred: Because and I quote: "We know Yang".

Leia: Ok yeah, I screwed up. Come on though, think how she is feeling right now.

Fred: Horrible.

Leia: Exactly. And do you know why she's feeling horrible?

Fred: Loss of her arm, sister, friends, school, mother. Do you want me to go on?

Leia: Valid points. But come on, Fred. She's going through depression-

Fred: And so am I. I've been going through it since I was six years old!

Leia: So you want her to feel the same way you have been?

In a single punch, Fred knocks the punching bag off its stand and into a wall, forming a small dent.

Fred: No I don't! I don't want that for anyone! Especially not her! I'm just-I'm just upset that's all.

Leia: With what?

Fred: Yang! She's pushing people out, not letting anyone in! It's frustrating. How can someone as amazing as her not want to talk about this or anything for that matter!

Leia: Sounds like a roll reversal.

Fred: Leia...I really do NOT have time for this.

Leia: But you do have time to break walls. (Fred sighs) Look, Boss. I don't like the situation she's in anymore than you. But that's not the issue. The issue here is how you tackle it. We cant keep Yang away from everyone even if she wants too. We cant just give up on her right now.

Fred: You think I want to give up on her?

Leia: No. You're head over heels for her and she's head over heels for you. Make her realize that. No matter what.

Fred: Fine.

Leia: Good. Now with the inclusion of the wall, I was gonna run into town today. See if I cant get us a mission for a good profit. Ok?

Fred: Yeah. Ok

_________________________________________________________

At the Xiao Long-Rose family home, Taiyang opens the mailbox and pulls out today's quarry of letters. He scans through a few: Bills, a school offer for Yang which he's asked the school four times at this point to stop sending her letters. More junk mail, a letter from that creepy kid down the street that doesn't understand that Yang is both taken and depressed. Getting to the final letter, he reads the return address and smiles to himself.