The Trip Home

Yang is standing over her shared bed with Fred from the past three days in Amber Square. On the bed is Yang's bag she brought with her and folded cloths. Pleasing the last few in the bag Yang zips it up as Fred enters the room.

Fred: You don't have to.

Yang: My dad wants me too. I mean, I don't blame him. (Gestures to her missing arm) This whole, you know.

Fred: Yeah. Well, always welcomed back.

Yang: I know.

Fred: So, ready to go?

Yang: Yeah.

Yang picks up her bag and walks out of the room with Fred. The two walk outside and towards a large van with Mason leaning against it while talking with Evie and Ember. May and Leia are off to the side talking as well.

Mason: We ready?

Yang: Yes, sir.

Mason: Alright, pile in kids. We got places to go.

Everyone gets into the van and Mason begins to drive them to Amber Square's airport. While driving, Evie looks back with the mirrors to see Leia, May and Ember in the middle row while Fred and Yang on in the back, lying on each other's shoulders sleeping. After arriving at the airport, the entire group walks over to Yang's terminal to wish her goodbye.

Yang: Mr. and Mrs. Ignis. Thank you, so much for letting me stay with you.

Evie: Anytime dear. You are always welcomed.

Mason: Tell your old man I said "Beat ya".

Yang laughs as she goes down the line to Team FLME.

Yang: Guys?

Ember: Take care of yourself, Yang.

The fist bump and May hugs Yang.

May: We're gonna miss you.

Yang: Same with you guys.

They let go and Leia and Yang also embrace.

Leia: We'll watch him for you.

Yang: You always have been.

Leia: Don't mention it.

Yang walks down to Fred and the two look at one another in the eyes.

Yang: You could come with me.

Fred: I've got a job to do.

Fred takes Yang's hand and places his other hand on her face.

Fred: Be careful.

Yang: About to tell you the same thing.

The two lean in and kiss one another. They break apart only when the need for air rises and Yang begins to walk to her plane. She turns around and walks while still holding Fred's hand. Eventually, their hands slip away and Yang and Fred go their separate ways. As Yang turns into the boarding way, she turns back and smiles and waves goodbye as everyone else does the same. After she walks into the passage way, out of view, Fred grows a sadden look and turns around to walk away.

Fred: Come on. Let's go.

Fred walks away as everyone else looks at one another confused and startled but follow him. Inside the passageway, Yang has tears in her eyes from not seeing her boyfriend but keeps her emotions in check.

On the car ride home from the airport, everyone sits in silence as Fred just looks out the window and sees the airship meant to be carrying Yang, leave.

Back on Patch, Yang opens up the door to her house as Taiyang walks in from the kitchen and smiles upon seeing his daughter.

Taiyang: Hey, how was the trip?

Yang: Fine.

Yang walks upstairs with her bag, not really paying attention to her father.

Taiyang: Need anything?

Yang: No.

Yang walks upstairs completely out of view as Taiyang hangs his head. Zwei walks up to him and barks. Taiyang looks down and smiles.

Inside Fred's room of the Ignis house, Fred is sitting on the window sill again looking outside again to the stars. The rest of his team enters and sees Fred and joins him. Leia sits in front of Fred while Ember places a hand on his shoulder and May kneels down next to him.

Leia: Let it out.

Fred lets tears fall from his eyes and he leans on Leia's shoulder. May wraps her arms around Fred's waist as Ember also embraces Fred, culminating all into a group hug.

Inside Yang's room in Patch, Yang is lying on her bed while watching the stars from outside. Taiyang enters walks up and pulls up a chair next to her bed.

Taiyang: Sweetie?

Yang turns to her father, tears in her eyes. Yang leans into her father's arm as he wraps his arms around her. Taiyang begins stroking her hair to sooth her.

Yang: (Sopping) I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

Taiyang: It's ok. It's ok.

Back in Amber Square, Fred is lying in his bed. He turns his head to his right side and looks to his scroll. He takes it and pulls up a picture of Yang from the beach trip. He smiles and places his scroll away and closes his eyes.

Fred: (To himself) I love you Yang.

In Patch, Yang leans down and closes her eyes, still with some tears in her eyes.

Yang: I miss you, Fred.

Outside her room, Taiyang peers in to check on his daughter. He sighs as he hears what she said.

Taiyang: He misses you too.