Final Exam

During Oobleck's exam the following week, anxiety was high as the final exam before the two week semester break was about to begin. Yang was in her usual spot in the class, working on Oobleck's Essay, the last portion of the exam. She glanced around to room and realized that she was one of the lasts on in there. Of course she was joined by Ruby, Jaune, Ember and May, but also, Cardin and Dove Bronzewing.

Yang silently swore to herself at the prospect of staying in a room with Cardin. However, she didn't let that stop her as she kept going at it with her essay. As she was finishing up, finally Yang was done. She got up and dashed down to Oobleck's desk and noticed Cardin was following her. She almost slammed the paper onto the desk and ran out the door. As she reached outside, she began to run off trying to avoid Cardin. As she rounded the corner, she came to a sudden halt as Fred was standing right before her with two muffins in his hands.

Yang: Hey!

Fred: Uh, hi. Muffin?

Yang: Sure.

Fred handed Yang the muffin in his hand and she quickly tore off the wrapper and ate it.

Yang: (Muffled by the muffin) Chocolate chip?

Fred: Yeah. Just regular chocolate chip.

The two then began to walk down the hallway.

Yang: So, where's everyone else?

Fred: Pyrrha, Ren, Weiss and Blake are in the dining hall. According to Ren, Nora basically crashed in their dorm. Same as Leia. She didn't go asleep until 1 in the morning.

Yang: Really that nervous.

Fred: Yeah. That appears as a common trope with our team.

Yang: So...what do you want to do now?

Fred: Well, I was going to go in for some extra training rounds.

Yang: Mind if I join you?

Fred: If you want?

Yang: Heck ya I do!

With that the two took off from the training grounds. However, behind them was Cardin, smirking to himself.

Yang and Fred are standing in the training room floor as the two beat down on training dummies. Yang throws a dummy behind her as does Fred. Fred side kicks some fire and destroys his while Yang throws a punch and destroys her's. Yang gave Fred a light smile which he returned. Shortly afterwards the rest of their group entered the arena.

Ember: Knew we find you here?

Fred: Really?

Leia: No. This was option 5 of 25.

Fred: Of course it was.

Pyrrha: Fred. I was wondering if at all possible, I could see your skills in person?

Fred: Sure. We go a few rounds.

Leia: (Whispering to Ember) Someone's getting cocky.

Ember: Yeah, that's new, even for me.

With that, the remaining 10 members of the friend group took to the sidelines to watch the fight. Both Pyrrha and Fred get ready to fight. Fred raises his arms into a defensive stance while Pyrrha readies her sword and shield. Before the two even get a chance to fight, a mace flies and lands in the middle of the two. Everyone turns around to see Cardin standing in the stands.

Cardin: No. He fights me first!

Ruby: Cardin!

Jaune: Save it, Cardin!

Cardin: Oh come on Jauney Boy! It's one fight.

Nora: I'll show you a fight, you red head piece of-

Fred: It's one fight. Give him his fun.

Cardin smirks at the response. The two are then seen in the arena, with the rest of Team CRDL sitting on one side and FLME, RWBY and JNPR all on the other side. Cardin cracks his heck and smirks while Fred cracks his knuckles. A holo-AI emerges from the center, acting as a referee.

Referee: Once one's aura hits the red zone, they are out. If they exit the given arena space, they are out. No biting, no cheating, no spiting, and no other rules. Three...Two...One...Fight!

Cardin charges towards Fred and raises his mace to slam down onto Fred. Fred side kicked and blocked the mace on its hilt. Fred reeled his foot back and kicked again and set Cardin flying. Fred jumped and did an arial somersault and kicked Cardin in the forehead and chin. Cardin spun around Fred and placed his mace over Fred's neck and got him into a headlock. Cardin began to punch Fred in his stomach until Fred stomped on his foot and head butted his chin, getting him out of the pin.

Fred backflips to get a jump on Cardin, however, the bully is able to hit Fred in the chest with his mace. After Fred rolls along the ground and faces Cardin, the brute slams his mace onto the ground and a wave of fire is launched to Fred. Fred pushes the fire aside and begins to have it circle him. Fred flips sideways and three fire balls and launched towards Cardin. Cardin dodges two but gets hit by one in the face.

Fred runs up and does a two-footed kick to Cardin's face. After Cardin is sent ruling along the ground, Fred goes for a roundhouse kick, but is blocked by Cardin's mace. Cardin goes in for a punch, but Fred grabs it and tackles them both to the ground. Fred pulls Cardin on top of him and kicks the latter's chest sending him into the air and back onto the ground. Fred leaps up and stomps onto Cardin's chest, making him wooz in pain. Fred backflips, lands and kicks Cardin up into the air.

Fred grabs Cardin's ankle and pulls him forward and punches his face. Cardin shoots down to the ground and forms a crater when he bounces off the floor.

Referee: Match! Cardin Winchester's aura has hit 19, the red zone! Frederic Scorch is the winner.

Leia: Way to go, Boss!!!

Ruby: Yeah!

Fred smiles at the victory, even more so when his friends are there to support him, all with cheers and smiles. He looks over and sees Yang with her fist pumping up and down as she supports his victory.

Cardin: Good fight! If only your parents were here to see it.

Ember: (To himself) Oh, no.

Fred: (To Cardin) Excuse me?

Cardin: You heard me. Solomon told me about what you did. What was they yelled? "Run!"?

Fred launched forward and began to unleash several slashes and attacks against Cardin. After several attacks, Fred unleashes a two fisted punch and sends Cardin into the wall, his aura fully drained. However, Fred runs up and punches Cardin in the stomach. He extends one of his blades and is about to stab Cardin until a hand catches Fred's fist.

Fred glances over to see Ember holding him back. Jaune runs over and pulls Fred away as does Ren and Nora. Before Fred can lunge back, Nora, Jaune and Ren hold him back.

Fred: Say that again and I'll skin you!!!

Ember looks over to Fred and JNR. Jaune nods as does Ember. The Faunus turns to Cardin and helps him up.

Ember: Get out of here! NOW!

Cardin begins to slowly limp away from the arena. Ember walks over to Fred and takes him away from JNR. Leia and May follow them out.

Leia: We'll see you guys later.

Ruby: Is he ok?

Leia: Yeah. We'll see you guys later.

With that, Team FLME leave the training hall. Shocked and concern looks fill both Team RWBY and JNPR. Yang looks over to Fred with concern as the group departs after the days events.