Big Surprise

In Amber Square, Fred is in the woods training with his adoptive father. Fred does a roundhouse kick as Mason blocks the strike. Fred punches low, Mason blocks and Fred goes for an across jaw punch but Mason grabs it and throws Fred over his shoulder. Before Fred can get up, Mason places his foot on Fred's chest and forces him to the ground.

Mason: Sloppy. Unfocused.

Mason gets off as Fred climbs to his feet.

Mason: What's up with you? According to your team, you've been training nonstop since Beacon fell.

Fred: It's nothing.

Mason: Fred, son. What's wrong?

Fred: It's nothing, Dad.

Mason: Kiddo, if this is about your actual parents, then I'm willing to talk-

Fred: It's not about that, Dad.

Mason: The assassin thing?

Fred: No. It's far from that, thankfully.

Mason: Then, what is it?

Fred: In Vale, I, I met someone.

Mason: You got a girl in Vale, don't you?

Fred: ...Yeah.

Mason: I'm sure if she went to Beacon, she can handle herself-

Fred: She lost an arm and entered depression. Her team disbanded, her sister is in Mistral and her partner left without a word.

Mason: Oh...uh, well then.

Fred: I'm just worried about her, that's all.

Mason: I know what you're going through, kiddo.

Fred: Dad, I know.

Mason: I'm sure she's fine.

Fred: Yeah, properly.

_________________________________________________________

Yang zips a bag shut and looks to her scroll. She takes it and pulls up a picture of her and Fred and their friends from the dance. She places the picture inside her jacket and grabs her bag and walks out of the room. Walking down the stairs, she is greeted by her father in the living room with Zwei.

Taiyang: You sure you want to do this kiddo?

Yang: What's the issue? I can handle it.

Taiyang: I know. (He leans down and pecks her forehead.) I'm still going to worry about you.

Yang: Same here.

Taiyang: If you do this, I will live up to my end of the deal.

Yang: I know, Dad.

Taiyang: Alright. Let's get a roll on.

The two leave the house with Zwei following behind them. He barks and Taiyang leans down and pets him.

Taiyang: Come on, boy.

Zwei runs up and begins to walk next to Yang as the three leave the house.

_________________________________________________________

In the backyard of the Ignis house, Ember brings down a fist on Fred who blocks it. May comes from behind and slashes at Fred who blocks it with his boot. Fred leaps up and spins in the air and kicks them both away. Landing on the ground, Fred blocks another attack, this time from Leia.