Problems in Paper Town

The group all enters and sits around Jaune's hut, with Juniper sleeping outside. FLME sits at the table talking with each other. Weiss and Blake sit on the couch as Yang is in front of the fireplace, trying to warm up her hand. Ruby sits away from everyone by Jaune's bedroom door.

Jaune appears out from his room, holding a chest.

Jaune: Hey, there's... something I've been holding onto for you.

Jaune sets the chest down on the table in front of Ruby as she sits up straight.

Jaune: It was the first thing I saw. (opens the chest) When I was falling.

Ruby's eyes widen, seeing the folded form of Crescent Rose inside the chest.

Jaune: Years later, when I finally found it, I knew I'd caught back up to the t...

Jaune becomes inaudible as Ruby zones out, closely staring at her weapon.

Jaune: Ruby?

Ruby snaps out of her daze and looks up at Jaune before turning to her teammates.

Yang: Hey!

Yang smiles and holds up her prosthetic arm, Blake claps and Weiss smiles.

Ruby: I... (sighs) Thank you, Jaune.

Jaune: Don't mention it.

Jaune walks back where he came from but stops as Ruby asks him a question.

Ruby: Jaune. What did happen to Lewis?

Jaune looks down with a sigh, and he turns to Ruby.

Jaune: I think... Alyx traded him to the tree, in order to leave. And then she wrote him out of the story. Good night, everyone.

Jaune leaves as he heads inside his room. Ruby stares down at Crescent Rose in the chest, gives a sullen look, and shuts the chest containing her weapon.

Nighttime in the Origami Acre. A small origami bird is seen landing on the windowsill of the home. A tall torch in the background can be seen lighting the lantern that serves as the "sun". Light begins to illuminate the sky and turns it to day. Teams FLME and RWBY are all sleeping on mats in the living room, while Jaune is asleep in his own bed. eyes are open as she stares at the chest within it. Suddenly, a crash is heard, and Jaune bolts awake.

Jaune: I'm late!

Team RWBY wake up hearing the commotion.

Jaune: I'm late! I'm late!

Jaune hops over Team RWBY as he bursts out the door. Team RWBY gets up and follows him out.

Weiss: What was that?!

Weiss looks over to see the town below is on fire.

Jaune: (petting ) I overslept... I never oversleep! Yesterday, ugh! All the excitement! Keep your head together, you can fix it! You always fix it!

From Jaune's window, Ember and May rush outside. May spins around as Ember continues his run down to the village.

May: We're on it! Get to phase two! Another blast will happen at any moment now!

Leia looks her head from out of the window.

Leia: Another one?! What goes on in this town?!

Another loud explosion is heard.

Jaune: Damn it, right on time! (to Team RWBY) Get to town, I'll meet you there!

Juniper proceeds to gallop with Jaune riding.