Escape From the City

Ember, Jaune, and Ren slowly walk through the snow around the ruins of Atlas and Mantle. Ember was pushing the bike along as Jaune stood beside him with Ren taking point. Ember is panting a little, clearly out of breath and a little worn out. Jaune is able to take notice relatively easily and step a little closer to the bike.

Jaune: Need me to drag it a bit?

Ember: No. I'm good. Man, this was how Fred must have felt when doing this crap back in Anima.

Jaune nodded slowly. He stepped to the side and continued onward. He glanced up to Ren and saw him trudging onward.

Jaune: Ren? Anything?

Ren: More snow. So, no.

Jaune chuckled a little.

Ren: It wasn't a joke.

Jaune: R-right.

Ember: Relax. We have a plan. Don't worry about it.

Ren: That plan is based off of chance.

Jaune: It's the only real chance we got.

Ren turned back, continuing to walk forward. Jaune hung his head a little before moving it back up slowly. Ember glanced over to him, taking a deep breath as well. The three continued to move through the heavy snowfall. Jaune glanced back a little, seeing the dark skies around the continent, everything seems darker.

Jaune: Sun's going down. We may need to move faster.

Ember: Alright. Lads mount up.

Ren: That bike can barely hold two of us. If you think that we could even possibly get far with all three of us on there, we will die! End of story!

Ember: It's either we chance it now or die in the cold.

Ember got onto the bike and activated the engine. Jaune slowly stepped onto the back of the bike and moved closer to make room for Ren. Ember rode forward a little and offered a spot to Ren. Ember gestured a little and Ren sighed. He walked over a little slowly and got onto the back of the bike. The trio took off down the path towards Mantle. After a few minutes on the road, the trio stopped along the edge of the ruins, Ember slowing down swiftly.

Jaune: What is it?

Ember: We're going down. Too much weight. Ditch it!

Ren and Jaune both jumped off, tumbling along the ground. Ember jumped up a bit and flipped backward, kicking the bike forward so it would crash into some bits of the engine that use to hold the old Amity up. Ember took some deep breaths and looked at the damaged station. He glanced back to his allies as they walked up to him.

Ren: Well...that's done.

Ember: One way to say it, yes. Come on. We got work to do.

The three slowly moved through the ruins of Amity and Atlas, making their way through the massive wreckage left and right. They hopped over some broken beams and more. Eventually, they pushed through the remains of Amity and found a massive crater, the ruins of Mantle.

Ren: You still think we can find a ship in all this?

Jaune slowly turns to Ren.

Jaune: Really?

Ember ignored the two and moved on down.

Ember: Come on. There is a ship-breaking yard just about 10 miles from here. We got about an hour until sunset. We should move.

Jaune nodded and followed closely behind Ember. Ren rolled his eyes and followed them both as well. The trio moved throughout the pits of Mantle. As they moved on through, old and leaky pipes made different ways of water across the way. Mud pits and some oil along the ground as well.